Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Kundalini Awakening during sex?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KatieTown

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  9:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My partner and I experienced something that we've been trying to understand. From behind me, while inside me, I felt an energy vibrating from his pelvis, to his shoulders, back down through his spine, through his penis and then into me. That "energy" (if that is what it was) then traveled through my torso and stopped at my head.

Neither of us orgasmed. That's not what this was. Neither of us are particularly spiritual, but rather rely on more practical sciences to explain things.

However, this was...supernatural? other-worldly? Incredible.

After doing some research (I thought for a moment that he had perhaps had a mini-stroke and I was sympathetic to his symptoms), I stumbled on Kundalini. The description matches what he felt perfectly.

But it does not explain the transfer of energy to me.

What is this? Are there repercussions?

Any helpful advice would be extremely appreciated. I've felt a bit odd ever since and cannot stop thinking about that coiling, vibrating sensation that traveled through our bodies.

Thank you!

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  6:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katie,

What you felt was prana. It is a subtle energy which flows around and through human bodies. It is especially active during love-making. Everyone has prana in them, but in some people it is stronger and some are more sensitive to it and so are able to feel it. Being able to feel prana is called clairsentience. If you can see it that is clairvoyance and if you can hear it, clairaudience and so on.

When you are sensitive to the movement of prana, the sensation of it is not limited to your own body. So you can feel prana flowing through someone else's body for example, or in the air around you.

A flow, or expansion of prana in one person will trigger movements of prana in people close to them. This is the basics for advanced tantric lovemaking. So in your case a flow of prana in your partner triggered a flow in your body and you were able to feel the whole movement.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

KatieTown

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  7:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, thank you! He and I were baffled by what we experienced and, honestly, wanting to feel it again. It sounds like I need to investigate this potential further.

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2013 :  02:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katie,

There is a lot of information on tantric lovemaking in the tantra lessons on this website. They start here:

http://www.aypsite.org/T1.html

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Evannon

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  12:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed - prana! What a phenomenon, and oh, how I've tried for the last ten years to understand it in a more traditional western-scientific sense:

"If FEELS like it's flowing from the outside in, and from the inside out, but is it REALLY? It must be just a trick of my endocrine system, or is it my nervous system? Both?"

"Is it electric energy? Metabolic? Heat? Radiation? Microwaves?!? What is it!?"

"But, clearly, it is sparked by my conscious thought choices, my concentration... and so how, exactly, are my bodily chemicals and systems under control of THOUGHT?"

"And yet, sometimes, when I do all the same things (food, meditation, etc.) that vibrating energy does not arise in me at all; and other times it arises inexplicably, when I've been doing everything wrong... it's like it has a MIND of it's own! Impossible... right?"

And more importantly, "WHO is thinking? WHAT is making choices? And, if who/whatever is making choices wants more of whatever THAT is, then is the THOUGHT under the control of THAT, or is THAT under the control of THOUGHT?"

All I can say is, this experience puts us in touch with the fundamental mystery of consciousness, which science has not yet explained, and probably never will...

(unless, perhaps, science relaxes its insistence on reductionism and considers the possibility of (in Amit Goswami's terms) a "downward causation" in physics...)

I'm finally learning to relax and love into the mystery.

If you figure it out, let me know!
Blessings to you!

Evannon (aka Vajra Bell)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000