Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Guru purnima
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2013 :  5:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Today/tomorrow (depending on when full moon is in various parts of the world) is Guru purnima, the full moon in the Hindu month of Ashada dedicated to honoring one's gurus. It is the day that the Buddha gave his first sermon after enlightenment, and the day that the great sage Vyasa wrote the Brahma Sutra. It is a supremely important day in the life of a sadhanka (spiritual seeker), for acknowledging the teachers and teachings that have aided in his/her growth ("Gu" = darkness/ignorance, "Ru" = remover. Thus, "guru" is anyone or any teaching that has aided in the process).

For the last few years, I have been emailing Yogani privately on this auspicious day. But this year, I'm drawn to honoring my beloved guru, right here.

Yogani, no words will ever suffice to express the gratitude that swells within. Thank you. (that's a shastanga namaskar. )

And a big thank you to everyone here. Not a day goes by without marveling at the immense good fortune of being a part of this satsang (unlike any other!) My life and path are enriched by each of you that shares so generously, teaching and guiding me in innumerable ways. It is the good karma of many lifetimes to have so many gurus.

From the Guru Stotram (which will be chanted in thousands of ashrams, monasteries, temples and homes today):
Akhand-Mandalakaram vyaptam yena characharam. Tatpadam darsh*tam yena tasmai Shri Gurave Namah - My Salutations to that Guru who revealed to me that Truth, which is unfragmented, infinite, timeless divinity, and which pervades the entire universe – movable or unmovable.

Edited by - kami on Jul 21 2013 5:58:48 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2013 :  6:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second that motion! Despite his humility and craftiness at hiding behind the curtain as an anonymous teacher, Yogani must be honored! Thank you for this eloquent and informative gesture, kami.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2013 :  8:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2013 :  9:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
love you all, and love Yogani.

I'd also like to thank and send my love to Rupert Spira, Jed McKenna, Greg Goode, Adyashanti, and the unseen divine forces that I sense working behind the scenes to uplift us all.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  02:34:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh that is why the full moon effect is so strong...it is Guru purnima!
thank you to all my gurus..Yogani is defintely one of them
Go to Top of Page

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  06:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  06:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

To Yoganiji, Yacin, Shantiji, Amma, Ramana Maharshi... To the One in all that is... I am in your gratitude
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  06:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
oh that is why the full moon effect is so strong...it is Guru purnima!

Yes I was going to say, I don't know if it's just me, but spiritual practices & bhakti, took an immensely powerful turn this weekend. The kundalini could be very much felt ecstatically burning its way up through the nervous system, bubbling at the crown and racing through the third eye, I've only needed a few hours sleep and woken full of energy, and I just was compelled to spend the past 3 days at home in a row hardly going out just contemplating the Self. Pretty intense, but no overload or side effects, the ocean of inner silence present seems to make way for the intense energy passing through! :-)

Time to dial it back a notch though and go to work :)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  12:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Time to dial it back a notch though and go to work :)

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  12:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Thank you for your kind wishes. It is also a day for me to remember with gratitude the channels of divine wisdom, seen and unseen, that informed my path over the years.

As you know, I avoid individualizing/personalizing transmissions of knowledge as much as possible, because it is not about the channel, but about the bhakti and actions of each practitioner on their path. To me, it is the overall process of human spiritual transformation involving all of us that is most miraculous and divine, and I bow to That.

In the years ahead, I am sure you will continue to expand in the stillness of divine flow, positively influencing many practitioners according to their longing, who then in their own time will do the same -- candles lighting candles until all candles are lit. It is happening already in so many ways.

So I bow to you on this special day, and on every other day.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  7:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you So much Yogani.

Much Love!!!!!

Edited by - Yonatan on Jul 22 2013 7:35:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2013 :  9:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yogani,

Thank you so much !!! Words can't express how AYP has changed my life. Your kind and encouraging words gave me the courage to embark on this journey. Even your thank you note is filled with so much compassion and humility, it brought me to tears

With love and gratitude,
Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2013 :  10:37:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

My whole life I have been searching for something that I knew was missing. You and this community provided that which was missing and changed my life and how I feel about life.

Thank you so very much.

Love,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2013 :  12:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2013 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Loving this exchange, loving practices, loving the guru within -- and everywhere -- loving the memory of seeing the moon full this auspicious month, loving kami, loving yogani, loving yogani's mode of pointing to the metaphorical moon of liberation: pointing with written lessons, pointing with audio interviews, pointing with wise facilitation of this forum, pointing through AYP retreats, pointing through personal email communications, pointing with a humility that honors a diversity of paths, pointing with a particular array of advanced yoga practices -- taught freely to all who choose to participate -- pointing from a profound realization of the marriage of pure bliss consciousness and ecstatic conductivity: stillness in action.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2013 :  10:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I, too, would like to thank Yogani for all that he has done for every one of us, in putting together AYP and creating this forum where we can come together as a sangha, share our stories and insights, celebrate our silence/bliss/ecstasy, comfort each other in difficulty, and help new travelers on the path. He has managed to stay humbly "anonymous" while providing us with just the right insight and encouragement at the appropriate times, and always reminding us TGIIY. I have been very blessed by Yogani and by all of you here, my dear friends.
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2013 :  07:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely. AYP propelled me onto the path I am now on. I am going to be 40 on Monday and now more than ever want to re affirm my commitment to the practice of the art rather than art of the practice.

More recently I have found my absolute Guru and although I never thought it would happen in this lifetime it has.

I have just started watching and listening to the Bhagavad Gita on Youtube, and God does it makes some sense. Before Arjuna was exposed to Krishna's full transcendental form he was given a very specific mantra.

I myself came across this much later through anothers teachings.

Just before I woke up the mantra popped into my head and boom the connection was made.

Also more recently I have become aware of an entity named Seraphiel whereas before I obsessed about Metatron and Sacred Geometry etc, I have become aware of the former and fractals etc

I can't quite say what the hell is going on but whatever it is this time I am going to finish it.

Thank You

Yogani.

Go to Top of Page

sambo

Australia
35 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2013 :  08:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit sambo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou Yogani much love and gratitude here.
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2013 :  2:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000