Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 brahmacharya and sleep..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brahmacharyaquestion

Thailand
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  10:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I recently sent an email to yogani regarding maintaining brahmacharya during sleep. Yogani suggested to share the question and his reply so more people could share and benefit.

To my knowledge, this topic is not often discussed and perhaps to some a bit sensitive to touch upon. Which may make posting it all the more relevant.

Here are the questions I addressed and yogani's reply:

quote:
Dear yogani,

Thank you….
For the wonderful teachings generously shared..
For your presence..

I am writing you hoping for advice and guidance on the practice of brahmarcharya (while asleep).

I am a 29 year old male practicing yoga and meditation since 4 years. In the last year the main practices included DM (“Shree Shree I am I am”; twice a day), Tantric lovemaking with my girlfriend (being present and applying the holdback method), and Jnana Yoga (self-study and reading of spiritual scriptures). With other practices (such as asanas, Samyama and SB) I am less regular for reasons of self-pacing (avoiding becoming too ungrounded and irritable with much energy in Vishuddha chakra; especially SB or any type of breathing technique tends to bring some difficulties in normal breathing during daily activities with excessive yawning).

While some major improvements have occurred during Tantric lovemaking (shared feelings of connection, expansion of the heart, prolonged peacefulness and no ejaculations anymore while making love with my girlfriend), another -not so much talked about- event is occurring and re-occuring: ejaculations during the night about once in two weeks in the last 4 months (and sometimes more often in the past; the nocturnal ejaculations started to occur more regulary about one and a half year ago after attending teachings at a Tantra school and trying to maintain strict brahmacharya).

I understand as it is presented above it is nothing to worry about, yet I feel used and disappointed when waking up after such “wet” dream. The reason not so much being the ejaculation itself but my being unaware of what is really happening (not knowing that I’m dreaming and feeling somehow betrayed after waking up). Particularly owing to the contents of the dream and the manner in which the ejaculation was brought about: It seems as though something outside of myself is seducing me into something I do not wish to participate in. The scenery which appears during or after the release is one that is normally unappealing and unfamiliar.

I was told before about entities that act as “energy suckers” and causing releases during the night. This always comes to my mind after ejaculating in the night.

I am considering ejaculating at will during lovemaking with my partner to avoid such nocturnal happenings.

Please kindly share with me your feeling and advice..

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond..

quote:
Yes, I think you are wise to "self-pace" your tantra by going back to normal lovemaking for a while, until things sort themselves out with nighttime ejaculations, etc.

Better to let your daily meditation be the priority, as this will gradually build up more abiding inner silence, which will stabilize everything else, and also move your sense of self more into stillness (witness), beyond any sort of negative energies that are lurking around. They cannot touch you in stillness, and you will also be giving them less energy with your personal attention. All such energies rely on our energy for their existence, so cultivating pure bliss consciousness and keeping active in normal living (stillness in action) will deprive and remove such influences.

It should also be added that artificially enforced strict brahmacharya (celibate form of it), without corresponding cultivation of abiding inner silence can lead to all sorts of distortions and problems.

If you are comfortable doing so, it would be good to bring these question up in the AYP support forums where many can help, and many more can benefit from the open discussion.

Thank you, and all the best on your continuing path!

The guru is in you.

Yogani

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  3:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my case dreamless emission is due to heat. I always remember the dream if that is the culprit. Dream emissions is far less in frequency but heat emissions occur every time I fail to take a precaution (read my thread about it). I feel the same way, cheated and raped whenever it happens. I even succeeded last week in saying 'no' to a seducing b!tch in dream and not suffering emission, but I'm defenseless against the dreamless one.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  12:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this exchange. Yogani's response suits my current views.

I have experienced brahmacharya leading to wet dreams. I actually enjoyed the dreams most of the time for about a year; but then there was a shift, and it started to become unpleasant, somewhat like you have described. So I shifted to having voluntary waking ejaculations at least once a month, and with a couple of exceptions, the wet dreams stopped. One related note, for your consideration: I was sometimes using very, very small amounts of THC from marajuana cooked into olive oil, and that seemed to increased the frequency of wet dreams. From other discussions, I suspect that use of some other herbs/drugs/medications may contribute to more frequent wet dreams.

Practice wisely!

Be
Go to Top of Page

PastMorning

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  10:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find it to be important to apply the principle of letting go when it comes to nocturnal emission. With all of the practices that are possible to retain it, the human body is still going to run it's natural course. Like with the ego, it's better to let go and accept that you simply have to work with it, even after long stretches of not having emissions.

If purely 100% brahmacharya was the requirement for spiritual advancement, most wouldn't even consider the path. It's best to let go, meditate, and continue to do things outside of spiritual practices to expand the quality of life.
Go to Top of Page

brahmacharyaquestion

Thailand
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2013 :  05:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you all for joining and sharing your experiences..

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000