AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 An Ecounter With A Christian Saint
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  1:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

In the last few months I heard a lot about a christian mystic who lives near my village and who moved to live and build a monastery on top of a mountain on orders from Mother Mary.

He is not a priest but a monk who just serves in mass... I heard from different people that miracles happen around him... And my neighbor who lives in the same floor I live in next to my door had cancer but cured from it miraculously and it turned out to be the work of mother Mary through that saint/monk... So I started to speak with her and heard from her accounts with him and her relation with him stuff which is very similar to the guru disciple relation... That saint appeared very much like an indian guru or a sufi sheikh from what I heard and unfortunately for me I never met a christian saint in person... Have met mystics but always found something not so comforting about them and it is their outlook toward other religions... Unfortunately I stumbled with the same thing concerning my sufi acquaintances as well...

So I decided to go and attend mass with that community... I did so and it felt okay and sweet but nothing special... I let go of it all... But then many experiences concerning christian figures started to happen with me... Two examples:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=12891

And
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13129

In the second vision where I saw Saint Rafqa... What I didn't mention after the vision ended is that the monk whom I am talking about crossed my mind...

So I decided that I should meet and talk with him... It wouldn't hurt to meet with a saint... I attended mass with the community again and asked my neighbor the one who got cured from cancer to introduce me to the monk and help me get an appointment with him... And so she did... He said ok but didn't seem like he cared much... Up close in person you could see that the guy had a sense of detachment and very deep peace about his person...

The next day... I was very reluctant and I started to say to myself what the hell am I doing... Going from saint to saint... Ain't I tired yet of this spiritual tourism... Ok I haven't found my rest with anyone why should it be different with this one... But all of my family encouraged me to go visit him (except my father who was a bit skeptic about this whole issue)

Eventually I went and saw him and to my surprise... Without going into much details about the fanfare.. That monk is a saint... I stayed and talked with him for two hours and a half without feeling the time passing... For the first time I found a christian saint... Very well experienced in mysticism and understood pretty much everything I told him about advaita, yoga ect ect... He was all about love, joy and breathing God... He was very modest about himself and his role... It was all Jesus and Mother Mary's play for him. He was just graced to be there...

He spoke about my vision with Mother Mary in more detail than I knew... And I asked him pretty much everything... But finally I had to ask the big question... The one regarding being one headed concerning opening to other religions or denying people from other religions the access to heaven or enlightenment because they don't follow christianity in this case... His answer was simple and beautiful... A God like that isn't worth a thing... It's dead wrong... God is love and he loves all... He reminded me of Saint Charbel who once asked a muslim worker to pray for him... The worker said "but my dear father" and saint Charbel interrupted him saying "according to your own religion."

A lot of what he said... I didn't understand right then and there... It kept on popping or giving me insights afterwards... I am overjoyed to have met someone like that in the flesh... I had that desire many years back and thankfully it happened... He talked much about Saint Teresa of Avila and even understood my kundalini symptoms and told me that Saint Teresa used to close the church doors and dance Salsa in order to release the energy... He also advised me to walk barefoot in holy places... He mentioned Saint Teresa many times... And today it so happened that I went into a big religious store and wanted to buy a statue for Mother Mary... But while looking for it a framed portrait took my attention... I picked it up and took it but then other framed portraits caught my attention so I started to check them all out and then suddenly I caught sight of a portrait and when I touched it a butterfly flew from under it and to my wonder I read that the saint was Teresa of Avila

Much Love To All

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  2:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing Ananda. Very beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  6:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  10:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wild.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2013 :  11:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are all welcome... if anything is wild dear bodhi... that's you thank you for the good morning laugh..
Go to Top of Page

Jai

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  3:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful story. I used to sit in silent contemplation with a Carmelite Monk a number of years back. It was a life changing experience. Thank you for sharing that Ananda.
Peace be with you.
Jai. X
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  11:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome Jai

Ever since I met that saint something about certain bad habits I have is changing as in they have almost stopped becoming a habit. Perhaps he is praying for me because I asked hom to. I saw him again a couple of days.. When we were at a group prayer at a certain point it was obvious that the man was in a transcendental state with his face turning serene and kind of rose coloured.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2013 :  4:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He is absolutely spot on.

If your religion dosent preach love, which atleast one sense is purity in thought, deed and action then it is worth nothing.

It's irrelevant if you are Sikh,Muslim Hindu, Christian or whatever.

The biggest loss we have as a species is that of not being in touch with Mother Earth.

Who nurtures and protects us.

A return to Pagan ways? Well if it breeds humility and respect for each and everyone then YES.

Go to Top of Page

btotheizzo

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2013 :  5:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, Just wanted to let you know that I worked with a "saint" in Venezuela. You can friend him on facebook, Alberto Khoury. He has a home for "street children" in the city of Valencia. His foundation is called Fundacion Refugio Pana. He is Catholic.

This is a charismatic leader, much like Swami Sivananda Saraswati. I felt peace in his presence. His work is self-less. In group prayer with he and the boys, everyone left afterwards divinely intoxicated.

PLEASE DIRECT ME TO MORE SPIRITUALLY EVOLVED PEOPLE. Cheers.

Bobby
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2013 :  01:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, khoury is a lebanese family name by the way... It would be nice to have his acquaintance. In case he is a public figure, please share the link to his profile account here.

love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

btotheizzo

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  9:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.facebook.com/alberto.khoury.5
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000