Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Medication and Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  7:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
About 4-5 weeks ago I was put an anti-seizure medication. I don't suffer from seizures; it was prescribed for pain. I didn't do any research on it, just read the insert. Doc said it was one of the safest meds for pain. I just really wanted it to work.

I've been practicing AYP since April without any signs of trouble. Well, about 2wks ago I went into overload fast. It happened the same time as my menstrual cycle. I couldn't practice for a few days, then tried just 10 minutes of meditation and had a very scary meditation which I kept hearing things and seeing scary things and was scared and disoriented for several hours afterwards.

I decided to look up the internet horror stories for this med. It seems it can cause symptoms that mimick spiritual experiences and energy overload. I don't think the med can explain all the experiences I was experiencing (like pulses at the root and some automatic yoga).

I'm not sure exactly what happened to me. Did meditation make me extra sensitive to this med? Why was I fine for 2 weeks taking this med then suddenly not fine? I guess I won't know for sure. I've weaned off the medication and started back with 5 minutes of meditation today.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2013 :  4:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow33,

Sorry about the effects of the medication and meditation...
If the medication was helping with the pain, and you do need to be on it, maybe talk to the doctor and see if you can be on a lower dose or something different.
The only seizure medication that is also given for pain (that I was really surprised to hear when a friend of ours was given this medication for back pain... I am sure it does wonders for people who have severe problems with seizure and pain, but not sure if it is overused) is Neurontin... and the neurologist had put my daughter on it when she was 7 years old. She was diagnosed with borderline seizures brought on by migraines. Like you, I did not read up on the medication and she was on it for about 6 months, she hated it and it did nothng for her migraines just made her gain a lot of weight... so i stopped it and later when I did read up on it, I was surprised that they could prescribe something like that to my kid for migraines, when just asking her to be aware of how she was feeling and taking one Motrin migraine before the pain got sever did the trick. Oh well... Live and learn. Now I won't give them or take anything without reading up on it first.

Also, there are many natural ways like massage, chiropractic care, acupuncture, natural diets, herbs, etc. that can do wonders with pain ... maybe think of trying one of those before you go for strong medications, especially ones that play with the mind.

Hope your practice is back to normal now. Do you still feel symptoms of overload?
Go to Top of Page

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2013 :  10:30:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lalow33.

To me it sounds like kundalini awakening! Kundalini
can be very scary for some people since everyone is different. Pulses
or vibrations from the root chakra is your kundalini being active and
when the energy goes through the body it can cause kriyas or automatic yoga.The medication combined with ayp could have triggered something but i doubt it. Read what you can on kundalini signs and symptoms.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2013 :  3:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
I do feel much better but still not100%. Still
have some heat, vibrations, feelings of doom. It's slowly getting better. I'm sticking with 5 min of meditation.

Good advice. There's a type of acupressure that looks promising . I need to try it. Thanks for the help.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2013 :  4:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi redsnake

I looked up the kundalini symptoms and I sure have a lot of them. When I added Sbp, I got lots of ecstasy and shooting prana that looked like smoke rings. They would stop at my throat. That's just prana, right?

5-6 days before my scary meditation, I had lots of head pressure , rage, vibrations, spontaneous meditation , seeing a liquid light, and oh so much heat. I was told to self pace and to ground, so I did. Felt somewhat better after a few days so tried meditating.

During that DM, I saw the liquid light; it broke apart. I starting hearing scary things and seeing scary images. I stopped meditating and laid down to rest. My attention went to my throat. There was a black hole that tried to suck me into it. I got up went the bathroom felt like I was shrinking and the bathroom light was burning me. I went outside and calmed down a little so went back inside to lay down and started shivering. That went on for a few minutes. I was scared and didn't sleep that night. Nothing came up my spine or out the top of my head.

When I looked up the medication horror stories, I found hallucinating, sensitivity to light, hot flashes, trembling, disorientation. So I figured it was the medicine. I wish I had never taken it.

I am confused. I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  11:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow33,

The more you say, the more it sounds like kundalini awakening. If it is
you might want to drink lots of water to help with any heat and lay of meditation or cut way down. Kundalini can be scary but once awake its always awake. It will clean up your blocks and purify your subtle body so you become a stronger more complete human being to say the least. Going for walks and eating meat(unless your vegetarian) grounds the energy. Write to Yogani personally about this or Christi! They know the most! Read as much as you can on kundalini and look up kundalini syndrome!
Go to Top of Page

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2013 :  11:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow33,

By the way....it does not have to come up your spine and out the
top of your head to be kundalini. Kundalini is Heat! Kundalini is Ecstacy and Bliss....It can give you goose bumps and shivers and really open up the paranormal doors.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  11:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Redsnake!

I've been doing a decent job of self pacing and grounding. I do have 2 rashes; I guess I need to balance the pitta dosha.

I admit to skipping over some of the kundalini lessons. I didn't think they pertained to me. I have been studying them. Also, did a forum search for black holes. I'm not the only one to experience this which is a big relief.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000