Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Third Eye Pressure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  9:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, theres been topics posted about this before that I've searched up, but I wanted to ask something specific to my case. I'm doing 10 min DM twice daily. For 4 months, I've had no problems, yet recently I've been getting mild to severe pressure in the third eye area. Sometimes it can disrupt my practices completely, so I used solar centering. But this seems to lessen the effectiveness of DM. Can someone explain to me whats happening in the third eye and what I should do?

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  08:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

A sensation of pressure in the third eye is quite common with this practice. I felt such a pressure immediately upon reading your post. I find it rather pleasant, but that's me.

It tends to balance out over time. We do not judge our meditation session by how deep we go. Having a persistent distraction does not mean you have not had an excellent DM session. Returning gently to the thought of the sound of the mantra is our only job.

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  10:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have it too. I have been practicing for about 4 months also. I have the pressure, pulsing sensation in ajna all the time. As long as it is not excessive you are ok. When I had it twirling all day long, I should have taken that as a sign of overloading because that is what I did. As long as you are not hurting or have headaches as bewell says. We both should be ok.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  12:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy
As long as you are not hurting or have headaches as bewell says. We both should be ok.

Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  5:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Its severe during DM, but throughout the day I get mild pressure that goes away in like 10 seconds. I don't know if I'm overloading, I've been doing 20 min of DM for the last 4 months with no side effects (recently had to cut down).
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  7:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried spinal breathing pranayama yet? That might help balance out the energy.
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  7:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I was doing 5 min of SBP and 20 Min DM for a good month before I started overloading. Would it be advisable to add 1-2 minutes of SBP before my DM?
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  8:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing it would be worth a try, but of course, you are the decider. Follow your inclinations on self-pacing, and do what works for you.
Go to Top of Page

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  11:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have there strong pressures, Ajna-located (more or less), and SPB just makes them worse. Everytime I include SPB, in a few days pressures are back. Even passing from 15 min to 20 mn DM was too much to handle lately, so 10-15 min DM twice a day is the most I can handle for now. Be gentle and easy with this feeling, because in my experience it is something hard to bear.

Dropping the pressure samyama-style seems to give good results, but I don't have experimented enough on this one to jump to a conclusion.

All the best in your practice
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  06:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems we're in the same predicament apatride, I can also do no more than 10 mins of DM and it is extremely frustrating. However, recently my meditations have been much deeper and my focus has been very high.
Go to Top of Page

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  07:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anyway 10 min DM is not that frustrating, when pressures finally step back giving space for much more enjoyment of every day improvment
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  08:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't the Solar Centering Meditation work for this? If possible wouldn't it be best to do 5 SB and 10 SC meditation? Of course you would just want to do Solar centering to see how it effects you first.
Go to Top of Page

cygnet

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  12:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May I share from my experience?

A couple of months ago, I was experiencing unusual ajna activity. I shared that information with my AYP teacher, and she recommended focusing the mantra in the body (like solar centering, except mine ended up in the heart chakra), increased grounding, and eating a heavier diet for a while. It has helped greatly.

I found that I had a lot more "noise" when I switched where the mantra was located, but the effects in daily life were still there. The sense of internal calm has actually continued to increase.

I also discovered early on my path, that I need at least half as much time in resting at the end of meditation as the total of the rest of my practice; i.e., if SB is 10 minutes and DM is 20 minutes, I need at least 15 to 20 minutes of rest before resuming regular daily activities.

Edited by - cygnet on Jun 07 2013 12:54:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  08:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right, I admit I haven't tried solar centering long enough to come to a conclusion like "it doesn't work as well". I am going to SC again, lets see how it goes. Thank you for your replies everyone.
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  1:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys, sorry to bump this thread
I've been trying solar centering for a while and it has solved my energy sensitivity problems, while also making me more balanced. However, there is a pain in the solar plexus while simultaneously finding it difficult to breathe. I don't know what causes this, and no adjustment seems to help. Does anyone have experience with this?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000