Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Constant buzzing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Birtley

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  6:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi I have been meditating for about 3 months, twice daily and enjoying the experience but since my tues session have been left with a constant low pitch buzzing located near my left ear. I can ignore it just about - but has been present constantly and is at best annoying and a bit worrying and distracting - have read the dm book and aware could have headaches etc but this seems unusual - wondering if I should stop meditating until it ceases or is this a known issue. When I mediate with the buzzing just treat it like a thought and favour the mantra - but would make me feel more comfortable if others have had this experience and the buzzing eventually ceased.

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  6:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Birtley,

Yes, this is known about. It is a sound caused by the movement of prana (subtle energy) in the head. It is very common for meditators to be able to hear it and in fact there are schools of yoga which use this sound as their object of meditation. It does not last forever, and in fact for much of the time can be intermittent (some days it is there and other days not) which is why it is not used as a meditation object in AYP.

Christi

p.s. welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  05:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Birtley,
Welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Birtley

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  06:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks for replying it has reassured me a lot - enjoying both the meditation and improving my physical yoga practice just wish I had started doing this years ago.
Go to Top of Page

OmDivine

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2013 :  4:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit OmDivine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Birtley,
I'm from the UK too.
I've been meditating on this sound for 10 years.
It is called the Nada.
My advice it to move into the sound as the subject of your meditation.
You will hear layers of sound, some high or some low. It will change ears and locations.
If it goes really deep sounding it becomes a physical vibration too.
It's the greatest gift I ever had, so learn to love it rather than see it as a problem.
People actually go on retreats looking for this sound and are frustrated that they can't hear it.
According to Yoganada, this is the sound of Om. It certainly feels very profound in a spiritual way.
I've also heard it referred to as The Great Comforter.
Wishing you well.
Feel free to contact me if you need further guidance on using this gift to its highest advantage.
Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000