Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini Addiction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2013 :  10:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

So after 21 years and shaktipat i am pretty sure my kundalini has awakened atleast partially. Ive practiced Kundalini yoga,kriya yoga,hatha yoga,taoist yoga,ect. Ive had a few mystical experiences but like all experiences they come and go. Now i have kundalini syndrome and so many symptoms. When i close my eyes even when im not in meditation i can see purple or blue lights which can make it harder to fall asleep. My short term memory is not very good at all and the daily sweats are much worse in the hot and dry season and this is just a few of the many side effects. I spent years breathing energy up my spine into my head and have held the locks off and on for the 20 whatever years. Its funny because my yang energy is so strong i once tried to do Tai chi with a group of people and i had to sit down because i heated up so much i felt like i was gonna puke.
My problem is a lot of the kundalini techniques feel very pleasant and ecstatic/Bliss like to me. Very addicting. After all those years of self directing meditation i think i should allow kundalini to unfold how it wants now and i know ayp advocates spine kriya breathing with mantra but im wondering if in my case i should just do mantra? Any advice would be great. Thanks everyone.

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  3:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All!

I noticed something about the AYP website;when you are new here and post something you will get several responses usually by a few people that have been here the longest. Once your not new anymore or on your 3rd or 4th post you will get 0 responses or maybe 1. I dont mean to be a meany or anything but try going under another name and you will see what i mean. Also the column that says the amount of people that have read your post but not responded is very suspicious! Its all about keeping it real! I hope AYP is keeping it real.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  5:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Redsnake41

Hello All,

So after 21 years and shaktipat i am pretty sure my kundalini has awakened atleast partially. Ive practiced Kundalini yoga,kriya yoga,hatha yoga,taoist yoga,ect. Ive had a few mystical experiences but like all experiences they come and go. Now i have kundalini syndrome and so many symptoms. When i close my eyes even when im not in meditation i can see purple or blue lights which can make it harder to fall asleep. My short term memory is not very good at all and the daily sweats are much worse in the hot and dry season and this is just a few of the many side effects. I spent years breathing energy up my spine into my head and have held the locks off and on for the 20 whatever years. Its funny because my yang energy is so strong i once tried to do Tai chi with a group of people and i had to sit down because i heated up so much i felt like i was gonna puke.
My problem is a lot of the kundalini techniques feel very pleasant and ecstatic/Bliss like to me. Very addicting. After all those years of self directing meditation i think i should allow kundalini to unfold how it wants now and i know ayp advocates spine kriya breathing with mantra but im wondering if in my case i should just do mantra? Any advice would be great. Thanks everyone.

Hi Redsnake,

In AYP we practice spinal breathing pranayama and mantra meditation, amongst other practices. But it isn't as simple as that. If you read through the main lessons there is an aspect of practice called self-pacing. It has to do with where you are at in the overall journey of yoga and what your specific situation is at the moment. If you feel that kundalini is an issue for you at the moment, either in terms of specific symptoms or that the whole thing is a distraction in terms of the cultivation of inner silence, then it is fine to leave spinal breathing out altogether and focus on meditation alone.

If, on the other hand, you are able to practice spinal breathing along with meditation, and you can cope with the ecstasy, then it is fine to do that too. It is a case of whatever works. In the long term, the cultivation of both ecstasy and bliss are necessary for the overall process of enlightenment, so if you are able to handle the ecstasy and remain centred in stillness then that will produce the most beneficial results.

As for replies and post counts, many people reply to posts in the forums, and the post counts you can verify for yourself simply by clicking on a post and then checking the post count. It goes up by one each time you click on it. Nothing very suspicious there.

On the subject of keeping it real, one of my favourite mantras is "asato ma sat gamaya" it means "lead me from the unreal to the real". It is what the whole of yoga is about and what AYP is for. The unreal is what we create with our minds, the real, is everything else.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  8:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Redsnake41

Hi All!

I noticed something about the AYP website;when you are new here and post something you will get several responses usually by a few people that have been here the longest. Once your not new anymore or on your 3rd or 4th post you will get 0 responses or maybe 1. I dont mean to be a meany or anything but try going under another name and you will see what i mean. Also the column that says the amount of people that have read your post but not responded is very suspicious! Its all about keeping it real! I hope AYP is keeping it real.

Hi Redsnake,

It is a long weekend and people in the USA are celebrating freedom.

People usually respond to what they feel they have insights about or to what they are interested in, that's all..

Much love.

Edited by - kami on Jul 06 2013 06:48:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000