AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Does anyone know anything about this practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  12:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends,

I write about having spiritual visions or dreams every now and then. These visions which seem more real even than our own reality come to me very often now almost on a daily basis... But the difference nowadays is that theyahave become instructional. Like I've been taught about how to breath properly through my nose and be mindful about the present moment and consider it as a present.. all of this has felt as a reminder and most of the instructions in these dreams/visions have been like this up till yesterday where smthg new was taught. I know dreams and visions could make someone nuts and are a dangerous area but I've been taught a practice which I'd like to know if it ecists out there.

first of all the teacher in the vision was a buddhist monk whom it's best if I don't say who but it's not the buddha nor milarepa... (the only two buddhist whom I know much about)

What happened is that this teacher came and pressed on my third eye which forced me to be in a state of trance seeing beautiful and graceful imagrs within my inner ege. Then the buddhidt monk told me to put my hands on my dan tien each on top of each other with my two index fingers pointing forward and seeing my etheric body in front of me but with a small size and repeating my mantra within the dan tien area. If anyone has heard of this practice or smthg similar I'd appreciate it if he could inform me. Salam

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  09:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Thank you for sharing. Sounds very cool. Which dan tien were you using?

Peace, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  09:36:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not an expert on the subject of dan tiens... just thought there is one underneath the belly button... is it the same as a chakra?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  10:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

I am not an expert on the subject of dan tiens... just thought there is one underneath the belly button... is it the same as a chakra?

Hi Ananda,

There are three major dan tiens in the body, usually just called lower, mid and upper. There is some correspondence to chakras, but I have found dan tiens and chakras to be at sort of different layers in the energy body. Using your fingers like that with contact to the lower dan tien would most likely have the focus of channeling/projecting stored "body energy" outward. That location is sort of a connection point to the body. Did the vision seem to get stronger/clearer as you did the practice?

Regards, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  11:29:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear jeff, I am not a big fan of visions even though they happen with me and some of then I benefit from whereas others might be misleading or simply meaningless. I tried the practice and it's pretty much energetic and my body jumped off bcz of it. What I would just like to know is there any similar practice to this one in the real world.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  12:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

There is a Mahayana Buddhist practice where you visualise your Ishta Devata standing in front of you and then you visualise them shrinking in size to just a few inches tall. At this point they float through the air above your head and then drop down through your crown chakra and enter your heart. Then they expand to fill your whole body and you take on their properties (qualities of goodness). After that, they shrink in size again, leave your body via the route they enetered by, expand to their normal size and stand before you again.

Obviously, because it involves the crown chakra it is an advanced level practice and is not suitable for beginners.

I do not know about the mudra. Mahayana Buddhism uses many hand mudras but I am not an expert on them.

You are right to be weary of visions and dreams. Anyone can appear to you in a vision or a dream and it is very difficult to know if you are being guided in the right direction or not. The best thing to do is to treat them all as scenery, and continue with you practices until you reach your goal. Changing practices every year, or every time you have another dream will not get you very far.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  1:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed christy, thank you for your sound of reason. I needed to hear this...

love,
ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000