Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Eye moment in Deep Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - May 27 2013 :  9:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, I think I've been doing this for awhile. During my meditation, my eyes automatically roll up (shambhavi, i think this is called). Since this isn't voluntary, should I forcibly stop it (as we don't do any other practices in DM) ? Also, why does this happen?

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - May 27 2013 :  10:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm quite a newbie when it comes to DM, but recently I noticed that my eyes roll in a shambhavi-like position sometimes. When this happens, it is usually accompanying a deepening meditation, general relaxation of body and mind, and waves of ecstatic current going into the head. The eyes just seem to follow the stream of current, if I may say.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  04:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's ok to be in sambhavi during meditation if it is not distracting you from favouring the mantra and if it's happening automatically, I'm guessing it's not. It's the flow of prana /energy that is causing it.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  3:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my eyes do that too. I wouldn't worry about it at all. It just seems to be a natural response to meditation practice. What I would not do is try to make the closed eyes be in any particular position. That would create strain and possibly headaches. Just close and relax your eyes and let them do what they want during practice.
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  06:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Another quick question. I've recently started having heavy overload symptoms noticeable in my daily life. My practice is 20 min DM twice a day and I've had no problems for the past 4 months. I'm really confused, should I cut back practices or stop completely?
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  07:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what sort of overload?
Of course cutback on DM to 15 mins and if still doesnt help to 10 mins for example.

But I have found in the past that sometimes adding some sort of pranayama practice helps stabilise things so consider adding a few rounds of Sbp....
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  08:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I stopped sbp because I was overloading with it. Overloading such as feeling blocks of energy in my stomach (a sort of bloating) and anxiety, I've had these symptoms when I was doing 5 min of sbp before my DM. But never with just DM, which is whyim confused
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  4:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I would suggest - reducing meditation time then. Also if you serach gorunding you will find some ideas for grounding on the forum- such as walks etc...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000