Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Resting in silence
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pulgasari

Korea
16 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  04:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
If the mantra has brought you to a place of silence and then the mantra stops is it ok to rest in silence or must you reintroduce the mantra?

luminous

USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  09:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello. I'm new.

I have found in the past that if the mantra takes me into "the zone," and I'm really feeling the flow of the energy/vibration, then the audible mantra transitions into an silent/inner mantra, then finally I find myself resting into the flow. With no more words/utterances.

Edit: I have yet to follow the I AM mantra instructions. Guess I'll give it a shot. Did I say I'm new?

Edited by - luminous on May 23 2013 4:19:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  09:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani's lesson on meditation, http://www.aypsite.org/13.html, says ,"The goal is to follow the simple procedure of thinking the mantra, losing it, and coming back to it when you find you have lost it."

So it seems you should reintroduce the mantra. I hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  10:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you notice that you are in silence - then go back to the mantra.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  05:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Luminous,
Welcome aboard.
All the very best with "I am".
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 26 2013 :  10:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear pulgasari,

Once I notice that the mantra has stopped- I go back to the mantra again. "AYAM" or "I AM" is the only thing I'm repeating/focusing during my DM.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  04:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum

Yes please...you are to return to favouring the mantra repetition. You can rest in the silence during the rest period after.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000