Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Being comfortable in DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  11:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there.

It's been four months since I've been doing DM now. Pressures in my head has been reduced over time, and my anger and irritation almost vanished.

I tried to introduce light spinal breathing (like 1 min SPB before DM), but after a few days head pressures came back very strongly.

So I've moved back to DM only these recent days, but with 20 min sessions rather than 15 min session I was doing before. Seems to be getting better fastly, with a lesson for waiting a few more months before reintroducing SPB.

The fact is, although I'm trying (or un-trying) to be as relaxed as I can during DM, there are a few things that increase the sensation of a strong pressure knot behind my forehead, which are : keeping my eyes closed, and keeping my head raised.

For the first one, I'm doing DM in the dark so when it feels like too much effort to keep my eyes firmly closed, I let them slightly opened (or mid-closed depending on how you see it ).

For the second one, I let my head faaaaalliiiing slowly on my chest as I go deeper and deeper with the mantra.

Is there any issue regarding having eyes mid-closed rather than firmly closed, and does the head has to be kept raised when I realize it is almost collapsed?

I know that easiness generally must be favored, but I can't help wondering

Again, thanks for the beautiful website, forum & community over here. Can't wait to feel inner silence rising.

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  09:48:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi apatride! I have always let my head fall to my chest or to the side if that is where it goes naturally. It seems to me that concentrating on keeping my head raised goes against favoring the mantra.

I can't answer your question about eyes partly open, but I keep mine closed. Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000