Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Pulsating Root?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OneLeaf

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  12:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey there, I've been doing Spinal Breathing and DM and have recently noticed a constant vibration or pulsating at and near the root. It feels very physical, like I can feel the flesh pulsing. It's been pretty continuous and going on for days and isn't really pleasant, no pleasurable energy or anything, just physical pulsing. It's starting to concern me.

I know that practices can cause certain vibrations at the root. Can anyone provide any info as to what they think might be going on? And, if due to practices how long this will last?

Thanks in advance.

PastMorning

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  01:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been doing SB for a few months now. I have noticed a stronger presence in my root as I have gone further. Vibrations there are just a sign of energy doing it's natural work in the area.

The solution to softening the unpleasant pulsing is simple: Do less Spinal Breathing. If at any point you feel uncomfortable with any purification symptom, then it will only distract you from being able to enjoy the benefits coming your way. This is where self-pacing becomes important. If you decide to just push through the symptoms, the will only worsen.

Self-pacing itself is something of an art form. With rising inner silence, you will find yourself better able to modify your practices for maximum comfort and progress!
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  06:32:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Oneleaf,

I have experienced the same, and I was happy that time 'wow, something is happening!!'. It was not some pleasant experience, neither unpleasant - it just kept happening. And it happens on and off since then, and the sensation has refined/changed a bit with time.

If it is not uncomfortable or distracting, I would say do not worry much about it. If it is bothering too much, you may consider self pacing.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  10:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are not overloading. Then enjoy the confirmaiton that your practice is working :)
Go to Top of Page

OneLeaf

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  12:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone, glad to know others have had similar experiences with no ill effect. Yes, I am pretty aware of self-pacing since I have had to do so for various other issues in the past, and I have discontinued SB once I discovered there might be a correlation, it's been a week since I stopped and it's still going on, that's why I'm asking what the heck is this and is it ever going to stop, because as I mentioned it's not very pleasant and it is distracting.

But yes, I have self-paced, discontinued the practice and am just hoping it goes away :).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000