Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Hesitating to switch to AYP practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Filipo1

Switzerland
21 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  08:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello DMers,

As I already mentionned on my other posts I am currently practicing TM since about 18 months now.
I went through some trial and error process as many others I guess, and also experimented various physical and mental sensations. However I feel a kind of plateau and after reading some of the lessons and threads here, I wonder if switching to DM with the "AYAM" mantra could be of any help or not.
I am also interested in the Samyama as well and despite the fact that the TM organisation has some advanced practice and TM-Sidhis program available, I do not feel like supporting their financial logic even if I understand their teachers are lay people with a family life and so on. I simply do not agree with the profesionalisation of the spiritual teachings, even apparently reduced to a simple self-development technique...

I have some unanswered questions I would like to clarify with your help in order to take a decision.

1) It is probably written somewhere in the website but I am a bit lazy: what did motivate Yogani to choose the AYAM over the OM mantra?

2) For those who were used to have access to a guru/master and a retreat center before coming to AYP, do you feel you are lacking personal guidance and relationships with other practitioners in flesh and bones? Is the forum enough for your needs? Did you find groups of Yogani's disciples near your place whith whom you could have some group practice and /or retreats?
I know that the french AYPsite is managed by someone located in Geneva, right where I live.
Might be great to have a chat with him/her, dear unknown french-spreaking disciple, if you read my post please contact me :)

3) For those who had meditated with another mantra but with similar technique like Maharishi's TM, Deepak Chopra's Primordial Sound, or David Spector's NSR, did you feel any particular difficulty or improvement passing to the "AYAM" mantra?

4) The following steps of Yogani's teaching imply working with the Kundalini which seems to be a particularly sensitive and even dangerous aspect of yoga, and if I am correct was tought so far only to selected disciples who could have a close and frequent relationship with their guru. So back to question 2.

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  10:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Filipo

Im not sure I can answer all the questions. But I do know that Yogani chose the AYAM mantra over the OM mantra because he felt that OM is too powerful for beginners. OM comes in with the second mantra enhancement so it is there but takes a while to build up to.

I already had teachers and access to retreat centres and monestaries before coming to AYP. To be honest I found the support in terms of advanced practices both from Yogani and from the support forum equal to the support I was getting from my teachers that I saw face to face.

In the UK we get together once a year on retreat to practice AYP together for a weekend. Hopefully this will be twice a year from next year.

You can contact the French website guy directly if you want to by clicking on his/ her member name on the forum and then clicking on send email.

I used several other mantras before using AYAM and had no problem switching. To be honest, it is not that important what spiritual path you follow, it is that you follow one and follow it all the way that is the important thing. If you have good support, then that is even better.

As for kundalini, there is no such thing as a spiritual path which does not involve kundalini. It has to be faced at some point by everyone who is on a real spiritual journey, whether they know it or not. AYP does involve some practices which are used to directly stimulate kundalini, but they are all optional, and when used with the correct knowledge, and with correct pacing and grounding they are not dangerous at all.

It could be said that not awakening kundalini is dangerous because you could remain asleep for the rest of your life. The world is undergoing a global spiritual awakening, but still the number of people actually awakening is relatively few.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  1:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Filipo

I never did TM because I found it cost prohibitive. Got the introduction and saw the value, but didn't have the money to get started. They wanted about $2000 and I couldn't afford that.

That said, the AYAM mantra works quite well for me. My experience with AUM (OM) is limited, but I can say that it's too powerful for me personally, so I find AYAM to be a good mantra for me. AUM seems to open my crown in an uncomfortable way. AYAM is gentler, but is shockingly progressive. It works, hands down.

My crown is opening at the moment, from AYAM, but it feels natural and that it's the right time (for me).

Regarding gurus or spiritual company, I've never had a guru, but I find that having AYP friends is awesome and they can act as guru at times. The connection is amazing and can't really be expressed adequately in words. My AYP friends are compassionate, but they also point me to things I wouldn't necessarily want to see. Life itself is becoming my guru, but those who are benefiting from AYP are great sounding boards.

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000