New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  03:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It sux to admit to oneself something wrong mentally.

It doesn't.
May you find your strength.

Mykal K
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  09:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

I admit I can't help myself out.Therefore,I'll see a psychiatrist today.I can't let my mind go wide anymore...It's too destructive.

It sux to admit to oneself something wrong mentally.But that's a truth I have to face.

Dear Namath,

As Mykal said, no, it absolutely doesn't "suck" at all. It takes immense courage and humility at the same time to be willing to see, and very few people have it.

Good luck with it.

Much love to you.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  09:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking after ourselves and opening up to help from others can only be acts of love. Wishing you the best, and much courage to see things through Namath!
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  10:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mykal! ...grateful for the support i felt from you through out this post.

@Kami thank you for your wisdom.You mentioned before if Ananda is not projecting then there's no need to be hard on himself.I admit that till I posted this, I believed it was done intentionally especially every vision of him was accompanied by pulsating energy through out my body and a buzzing sound in my head at dawn.But I have trust in Ananda's honesty.If he says it's not done intentional then I believe him.

You also mentioned somewhere that mind clarity can't be shared as been said by Jeff.Funny,his peace presence has been felt almost all day yesterday.He must have been sending me lot of Samyama...I was pissed off & watching your peace presence surrounding me made me laugh....I thank you for your love Jeff
There have been others sending their love but I couldn't identify who are they...I thank you, whoever you are

@AumNatural: that has been the toughest thing I've been through since I've started on spiritual path.something has been learnt and something has been dropped...I'm still collecting things together...

I hesitated today...don't know how to tell a psychiatrist about higher beings,presences ,energies & slipping into the spiritual heart...
will see a psychiatrist... have a good chat...& listen to him but I won't take any medicines.
Thank you

Edited by - Namath on May 09 2013 10:41:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  11:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

It is very wise of you to seek help from an objective professional. Great work in coming to that decision. As a friend often says "always more obstructions to remove." It doesn't mean you are "crazy," it is just a part of the process. Clearly, many experience similar things to what you are describing regarding connections/bonds. I have as well.

I'd like to point out something that requires no belief, and can be verified yourself. At the deepest levels of consciousness, there is no "you" and no "other". You have "experienced" this. It is at subsequent levels that we experience "me" and "other". Consider that as a wave rises in the sea, we rise or emanate in consciousness.

"As above, so below." In consciousness, we are whole. If there is division, it is not true. A great quote by Ram Dass is: "Treat everyone you meet like God in drag."

The mind may come up with all kinds of objections to this, but once verified, it would be difficult to deny it.

It is not that beings travel to
you, but beings might access you in consciousness. You might access them. We have accumulated impressions from past experiences with others which need to be healed. When the impressions are activated, it is an opportunity to do our work. To open in forgiveness, to acceptance, and love.

Imagine an open field with horses running through. You might see some beautiful horses, you might see some that are sick and need healing. All of these are experienced in consciousness. Just let them run right through... Don't try to chase the beautiful horses and ride them, and don't go after the sick horses and kick them (adding emotion, belief, justification, etc.) Just watch & allow them to be as they are. Every experience comes and goes in what we are.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Edited by - chas on May 09 2013 12:43:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  11:58:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

I am very glad that you feel peace, love and some laughter.

All of us here care very much for you.

More peace, love and laughter... With a smile...
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  12:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

You also mentioned somewhere that mind clarity can't be shared as been said by Jeff.Funny,his peace presence has been felt almost all day yesterday.He must have been sending me lot of Samyama[:D

Hi Namath,

Perhaps it is of no consequence discussing this, but I will mention it anyway for posterity's sake (for anyone else who might be following this thread). If you felt Jeff's presence, it was his samyama/thought, carried through in the deep level of consciousness that Chas talks about. The "quality" of what you experience from another person is entirely dependent on your perception of them. Your perception of Jeff is that he is wise and peaceful, so that is what you feel from him (others may not feel that from him, btw). Even if Ananda were sending you the exact same vibes as Jeff, you will experience it differently because your perception of him is different. The stories we tell ourselves about people is the biggest factor in "what" you feel from them.

"Clarity of mind" is something that is "personal" and intimate to oneself. It cannot be lent or borrowed. Just like enlightenment, "clarity of mind" also cannot be transmitted. At the most, one can transmit energy to temporarily lift the confusion and mind activity in another. That's all. Clarity of mind comes from working on oneself, by steadily and continuously releasing obstructions. If it could be transmitted, wouldn't that be easy and result in a world full of "clear-minded" people?

Chas' extraordinarily beautiful post is all the advice you (or anyone) ever need(s) regarding this topic.

There are many of us here who are sending their love and best wishes to you.

Love and Salam.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  1:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Chas
"At the deepest levels of consciousness, there is no "you" and no "other". You have "experienced" this. It is at subsequent levels that we experience "me" and "other". Consider that as a wave rises in the sea, we rise or emanate in consciousness. "
No objection on this one.
Yet when I'm out of that deep level of consciousness,I'm back regular Namath .Maybe with something dropped every now and then.
When I said I'm still collecting things in previous reply I meant certain believes .I didn't mean holding on to that experience in particular.Before, cheating was worst than murder in my eyes.I start to look at the whole thing as an energy thing that needs to be cleared/purified in every human...

"When the impressions are activated, it is an opportunity to do our work.To open in forgiveness, to acceptance, and love. "
yes

@Jeff...the funny part was that I said I'll close,lock and seal my heart so how come you were all around me at that time

@Kami :"The "quality" of what you experience from another person is entirely dependent on your perception of them.Even if Ananda were sending you the exact same vibes as Jeff, you will experience it differently because your perception of him is different. The stories we tell ourselves about people is the biggest factor in "what" you feel from them."
Ananda sends me exactly the same vibes as Jeff & I perceive him as Peace...In spite of our outer disagreement .Same with others.outer roles that we play doesn't deceive someone's presence...
""Clarity of mind" is something that is "personal" and intimate to oneself. It cannot be lent or borrowed. Just like enlightenment, "clarity of mind" also cannot be transmitted."
It can be borrowed.
there's a verse in the Holy Quran I will try to find it later it says something close to "Be aware with whom you spend your time,love and attention with...one is unified with those one loves". So you love someone you become that one ...the way I say it doesn't sound wise but trust me it's wise in its original writing

"There are many of us here who are sending their love and best wishes to you."
I know.
I thank each and every one of you ,may Allah give you back your goodness multiplied!

Salam

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  3:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami,

I would agree with Namat. It is possible to share "clarity of mind". To help quiet the noise a little. In gnostic Christian terms, it is sometimes called "sharing peace". But, as you said, one must still do the hard work of releasing obstructions.

Love, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  4:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Namath and Jeff,

As I stated above: At the most, one can transmit energy to temporarily lift the confusion and mind activity in another. That's all. Clarity of mind comes from working on oneself, by steadily and continuously releasing obstructions.

This quote "Be aware with whom you spend your time,love and attention with...one is unified with those one loves" is not unique to the Quran. This is what every teaching talks about, AKA, satsang (sat = good, sang = company). Satsang works because it purifies our thoughts by allowing us to question them - this is catalyzed by people that have similar leanings. For example, what these forums do for so many.

Jeff: Clarity of mind is the result of removal of obstructions. "Sharing" of this or that is only temporary. The work of removing obstructions cannot be done by sharing anything. It can only be done by (a) seeing, and (b) releasing or letting go.

At this point, I have nothing further to contribute to this topic.

All the best to you both.

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  6:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami,

As I stated above, I agree with you that one must still do the hard work of releasing obstructions. Also, I am not that knowledgable of the Holy Quran, but here is a little from the Holy Bible on the "sharing" topic...

Isaiah 26:3 (KJV)
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

or

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

As the scriptures point out, with a connection... The key is in trust.

Peace, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  10:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hello Chas
"At the deepest levels of consciousness, there is no "you" and no "other". You have "experienced" this. It is at subsequent levels that we experience "me" and "other". Consider that as a wave rises in the sea, we rise or emanate in consciousness. "
No objection on this one.
Yet when I'm out of that deep level of consciousness,I'm back regular Namath .Maybe with something dropped every now and then.

Yes, this is normal. The ocean does not negate the wave. The wave is an expression of the ocean. The deep level of consciousness is present, even if you are focused on normal life, dreaming, or in any particular state. Who is aware of Namath? What is this presence beyond name and form? Reside in that... and the waves dance.

There really is no separation. There is not a line where one ends and another begins. One could say "in the world but not of the world" (Awareness/Consciousness). In time, it will be integrated seamlessly.

quote:
When I said I'm still collecting things in previous reply I meant certain believes .I didn't mean holding on to that experience in particular.Before, cheating was worst than murder in my eyes.I start to look at the whole thing as an energy thing that needs to be cleared/purified in every human...

Yes, and both are good topics for discussion. Collecting or adding new beliefs is something I don't find particularly helpful, but sometimes it can be a part of the larger process. Your understanding will change, and that is all good. If your goal is truth realization, the goal is beyond belief or conceptual knowledge. At the same time, the framework you have for reference is what you have to work with and it can be helpful for where you are.

In general, trust and faith increase as belief and obstructions are lost.

If you ask yourself "what do I know for certain?,"...I won't spoil it for you, but it is eye opening to say the least. Many of the things we think we know are false. Assumptions on top of assumptions, turtles on turtles. That rabbit hole goes very deep.

quote:
"When the impressions are activated, it is an opportunity to do our work.To open in forgiveness, to acceptance, and love. "
yes

Edited by - chas on May 09 2013 11:23:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  12:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good Morning

Kami & Jeff...English is not my first language but I feel what's being said is that same in different expressions
yes Kami I felt this as well...the verse referring to the company of spiritual fellow brothers n sisters who are aware of the inner work and has taken this path.Sorry I'll wait for my woman cycle to pass to touch the holy Quran & get back to you on that verse.

Love to both of you

@Chas: "If your goal is truth realization, the goal is beyond belief or conceptual knowledge"
Yes I'm aware of that....but Carson's reply gave me the boost to approach another fear within me...I've always avoided befriending my females boyfriends If I felt the slightest likeness from their sides and mine in order not to cause disturbance to the friendship...but staying away is not the way to deal with these matters & let them dessolve.Should trust Allah more that with awareness these types of matters shall pass too.
My mind had developed this belief: 2 gorgeous females & one attractive male is a formula for disaster ... Doesn't have to be this way if one is aware and clear.

Love you,

Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  04:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Glad you're feeling better Namath.
Thank you and all others for sharing your experiences openly.
These connections deserve a place in the public knowledge...
For me it took a year and a half to figure out what was happening to me, and I nearly lost my mind in the process of figuring out. It also started the day we first met, I felt as if she 'entered' me and like I 'knew' her from before.
Emotions which I received from my now wife were of much greater intensity than I was used to, and since she was 'detached' from what she was feeling, it took me very long time to figure out the emotions were hers, not mine. My whole life was perceived to be 'unreal' and 'dreamlike', and still I do not have the feeling of truly being here. That is why I asked if anyone knew how to give emotions back, so that I could influence her back, and help her not to succumb to panic so much.
My thanks again to Jeff, for giving me motivation to go in the direction I already felt was right, and for saying to first seek clarity or peace within. My trouble was that I didn't like what I was feeling, and was therefore not in a place to change anything since I was not truly at peace within.
It will take a lot of work, but hopefully I wont be just a victim of this link for long, and will become an active partivipant. Will get stronger for sure.

Thank you all,

Mykal K

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  06:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Good Morning

Kami & Jeff...English is not my first language but I feel what's being said is that same in different expressions
yes Kami I felt this as well...the verse referring to the company of spiritual fellow brothers n sisters who are aware of the inner work and has taken this path.Sorry I'll wait for my woman cycle to pass to touch the holy Quran & get back to you on that verse.

Love to both of you

@Chas: "If your goal is truth realization, the goal is beyond belief or conceptual knowledge"
Yes I'm aware of that....but Carson's reply gave me the boost to approach another fear within me...I've always avoided befriending my females boyfriends If I felt the slightest likeness from their sides and mine in order not to cause disturbance to the friendship...but staying away is not the way to deal with these matters & let them dessolve.Should trust Allah more that with awareness these types of matters shall pass too.
My mind had developed this belief: 2 gorgeous females & one attractive male is a formula for disaster ... Doesn't have to be this way if one is aware and clear.

Love you,

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  2:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  4:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Kami,

Mentioned Somewhere I'll get back on the verse Of the Holy Quran.Never came across it again....One day,I'll find it.

Amazing how all the mad visions Stopped after this Post.Would have spoken earlier if i knew that

A day or so before I posted this,I woke up at night with light emitting from the right side of my chest and specks that looked like little worms moving ...they vanished under the light.

FYI,I never went to psychiatrist.I did not feel like sharing what I was going through with someone who will listen intellectually & analyze me mentally.

But funny Kami in a dream you were the psychiatrist.One daughter was on the phone and another in the same room with us.

Oh well,It's all over now.Happy Ending over here

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  10:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

FYI,I never went to psychiatrist.I did not feel like sharing what I was going through with someone who will listen intellectually & analyze me mentally.

But funny Kami in a dream you were the psychiatrist.One daughter was on the phone and another in the same room with us.

Hi Namath,

So glad it's over. You have been in my samyama and prayers.

Funny about the dream! Hope that doesn't mean I listen intellectually and analyze mentally.

But.. Very often, people make appointments just to talk with me, claiming they feel very different after chatting, leaving me to wonder if I am indeed functioning as a psychologist instead of what I'm trained in.. Who knows!!

Love and peace.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  04:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

Hope that doesn't mean I listen intellectually and analyze mentally.

Love and peace.

your presence is much stronger than someone who listens mentally.

Thank you for your Love and Prayer.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  2:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

Thank you for the kind words.

In many ways, I am also glad that you brought up this topic, for it has enabled me to see clearly through "connections and bonds". And the clarity has been uplifting. I've come to see that although connections may be real and unexpected, what keeps them in place is subtle clinging. And driving the clinging is some sort of story or belief - the clinging can be a "positive" or "negative", I.e, attachment or aversion. There is some "need" of this person on some deep and often subconscious level. This is why aversive stories/beliefs also keep connections going, sometimes across lifetimes.

Also, connections occur at a subtle, non-physical level, but that doesn't mean that all the idiosyncrasies, vasanas, deep-rooted habits and the all too "human" traits go away. No matter how strong a bond, these things cause individuals to clash and cause each other pain.

In my own case, I thought there was a bond with someone, but was able to see the subtle clinging that kept it in place. As soon as my own clinging was seen and let go, the bond itself dissolved. There are no more stories keeping it in place, no "need" for this or any other connection, no aversion or attachment. There is only a contented fullness/completeness with the vastness within myself.

Of course, this is just my experience with this stuff, based on my path of deep, unrelenting and ruthless inquiry. Others' perceptions may vary.

Edited by - kami on May 20 2013 9:13:26 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000