Yoga and Relationships
 Nothingness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  03:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
How can one define oneself for the purpose of presenting an "I" to people you have a relationship with when I am Nothingness. Nothing seems to stick.

I come across as having no personality.

Sey

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  5:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey:

It is a matter of convention, isn't it? ... like language and custom. The body-mind will get along all right, even if we are not identified with it.

Moving beyond identification with self is not the loss of personality. The person is still there. Who is it that wants to define a sense of "I"? Maybe you are ready to pursue some new interests that are not so "I" dependent? There are others who understand what you are going through.

It is a phase you are in, one that will pass as you continue to engage in life ... in the world but not of the world, you know. There is a lot of personality in that, even if we are not identified with it. It is freedom...

Nothing has to stick. It is do and let go ... the essence of karma yoga and the divine flow. No need to find an "I" in it. It is perfect as it is.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  01:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani Overflowing with Love

Yes, it is indeed a convention, but it is the convention whichever the culture. People want an "I" they can put in a box. It is easier to have an "I" to put in a box??

Fully engaging in the world is not happening for me right now. I am in an "observe and add nothing to whichever story is enfolding" - be it at work, at home, in my personal life. Feels a little strange.

New interests that are not "I" dependent - example please.

"It is do and let go" - I will print that out and pin it on my board.

Again you for your support

Sey
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  09:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

People want an "I" they can put in a box. It is easier to have an "I" to put in a box??

Well, you can certainly give people the appearance of an "I" to put in a box if you want to. It is also part of "convention." But it does not mean you have to be identified with it. Indeed, you are either identified or you are not. All the rest can look the same.

quote:
Fully engaging in the world is not happening for me right now. I am in an "observe and add nothing to whichever story is enfolding" - be it at work, at home, in my personal life. Feels a little strange.

New interests that are not "I" dependent - example please.

Engaging or not engaging is up to you.

"Do and let go" with anything is not "I" dependent. It may be more natural in the arts or service, but it can be with anything that interests you, even "not engaging." In that case it is "not do and let go."

The mind always wants an answer, even if it means denying simply what is. Our experience is what it is, and we can either accept it or fight it, holding out for something that is not anymore. Reminds me of the struggles of Suzanne Segal, who suddenly lost her sense of "I," and her mind spent many years fighting against it, trying to reconnect with I-ness, thinking there was something wrong with her, going to psychiatrists, etc. We know better now, don't we? So there it is -- freedom from the hassles of identification with I-ness. You can relax and enjoy it.

It might seem a bit lonely at times. That too is a reflex of the mind. Here is an AYP lesson on it: http://www.aypsite.org/392.html

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  11:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does Nothingness ever seem to transmute into Everythingness for you, Sey? Or maybe, Nothing-Everythingness?

Unity. Abundance. Lightness of Air.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  04:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Yogani - Thank you.

@ BT - No, not really. An I am still new at perceiving the Witness as Nothingness - some 6 months or so. First I became aware of 'it' (as separate from "I"), now I am slowly becoming 'it' and as you can see here, still adapting.

I hope I am making some sense. Hard to express this Awareness.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  06:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You make total sense. It's all connected. Wishing you a serene and sublime day.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000