AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Multi-layered, condensed life-castle?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  10:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I want to build a 3-D, prismatic, holographic structure made of invisible lincoln logs of pranic energy that have a direct connection to physical reality, and I want to access that model as if it were a miniature repository of all my life's current situations (including an archive of the past and a projection of possible future outcomes).

Then I could omnisciently look into each portal and contemplatively examine the factors within each microcosm, all of which are interconnected, and I could make subtle changes from afar by adjusting little non-personal levers--in such a way that doesn't bend other beings' wills but rather illuminates puzzles and shadows within these mini-realms for the sake of the grand scheme.

Now, the law of karma would apply to me and the interface, so that what I change would affect me directly and therefore ensure that I was making cautious, wise, and benevolent choices. Similarly, I would be willing and voluntarily aware that I might be vulnerable and at the whim of other beings who might also be gazing into their storybook holograms.

This way, the multi-layered, condensed life-castle would grant me and other users the luxury of a bird's eye view, as well as the comfort of seeing phenomena in a manner of detached but connected smallness. Such smallness would reduce the bigness of events when their immediacy seems to apply unfair pressure to a clearly miniscule scenario. Though miniscule, such comedic-drama-adventures would still be regarded with an air of sanctity--due to the immutable and absolute karmic connection which unifies the entire production of the Self in this cosmic show.

Small and big shall forever remain intertwined.

Any suggestions?

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  11:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seriously creative!

Kind of sounds like a mind map, concept map or topic map:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_maps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topic_map
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  11:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aha, Billin! Those schematics are indeed pointing in the right direction. Great minds think alike. Now, let's just sprinkle a little ecstatic radiance on those pictures, and we'll be in business.
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  12:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was awesome!....math f#}}{]ing rules!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  08:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bohdi,

Interesting concept.

My suggestion is that you use your own body for the mapping as the holographic structure integrated into consciousness/reality. What you are describing is essentially part of what happens with the "building" of the rainbow/light body. As the obstructions that limit the perspective to the local bodymind are broken down, one increasing "integrates" into broader consciousness, allowing things like what you describe.

Also, i do not believe that a "detached" pranic structure would be stable or desirable.

Best wishes, Jeff

Edited by - jeff on May 06 2013 08:54:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  4:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there Bodhi,

That took a bit of reading and re-reading to figure out exactly what you are talking about.

"a 3-D, prismatic, holographic structure made of invisible lincoln logs of pranic energy that have a direct connection to physical reality".. Are you not already in the process of doing this "under the hood" with spiritual cultivation?

The grander aspect of what you are describing here is called "Ishvara" (God) in Hinduism - the creative aspect arising from Brahman.. but unlike Brahman with no attributes, Ishvara has the Maya upadhi. The thing about Ishvara is that only He/She/It knows the whole script of the play of creation. There is no way to change just your past/present/future without impacting the whole. This is why Yogani says in the "Bhakti and Karma Yoga" book that the flap of a butterfly's wings can move distant planets. Changing one small aspect of one event can change the course of history in unfathomable ways (not necessarily in ways we can predict). Such is the law of karma. There are great sages (for example, Neem Karoli Baba) who have/had the key to "see" the whole. However, "changing" anything was not their way, once again because only Ishvara can know the downstream effects in total.

These siddhis (including the rainbow body talked about above) are the natural evolution of spiritual cultivation and openings. Going after them never works because there is still one big problem - the ego desiring it.

The desire for such siddhis is a trap, IMHO. But you already knew I would say that, didn't you?

Much love

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  4:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Machart! If you haven't heard of this guy, I recommend checking him out: Nassim Haramein. http://theresonanceproject.org/. It's math based on Unity.

Thank you Jeff! I always enjoy the clarity and optimism of your posts. I was hoping someone would mention the rainbow body, because that's what I was hinting at (at first unintentionally, and then with growing awareness).

I guess I mean "detached" in the sense of the witness Self observing and interacting, yet unaffected by the change. So, in that sense, maybe "involved detachment" would be more apropos.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  5:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami
The desire for such siddhis is a trap, IMHO. But you already knew I would say that, didn't you?

LOL. Yes, of course. You always provide a nice balance to the megalomaniacal, hyper-egotistical, ultra-narcissitic content of my spiritual ambitions.

But, consider this. Today, I drove to work in a vehicle propelled by fossil fuel: gasoline. The gasoline is condensed from crude oil, which is violently extracted from the soil of the Earth. We use it to move our bodies from place to place. Yet, science and technology are seeking more efficient and Earth-friendly means. Isn't that type of seeking, is some sense, like the seeking of a siddhi? Is it wrong to want to tap into the deeper human potential of functionality, communication, and creative exchange?

If we could systematically and safely traverse the boundaries of spacetime in a more effortless manner (solar power, cosmic samyama, teleportation, etc.) why wouldn't we take advantage of this opportunity? If the advancement of such power is sought in the spirit of compassion, benevolence, and divine Love...how could we go wrong?

But I rely and operate on the principle of samyama, which is picking up and releasing (the releasing comprising the bulk of the effort). So, I trust the morally self-regulating nature of the practice more than my "ego" desire for honing personal will for specific outcomes.

Nevertheless, we are creatures of evolution, which tends to move us towards progress, which tends to make us more God-like in our infinite potential to Love, Unify, Harmonize, and Co-Create.

But, as Yogani says, joy is the greateast siddhi of all, anyway. And that pervades any spacetime condition, so we can relax into That and not get obsessed with the striving.

Love...you...big-time...
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  7:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi dear Bodhi,

Using your logic, all of humanity's advancements are siddhis. And yes, they are. Especially the myriad examples of accidental discoveries - made when the discoverer's intent was taken over by the Universe and the result was not necessarily what was expected but what was needed. According to Ishvara's scripting, of course!

Samyama is a practice of surrender, not control.

As we open up and hand over our little egos, we become clear channels for the Divine to work through - for the benefit of the whole. If this means Bodhi needing a rainbow body, you can be sure that will be Bodhi's fate. Why not use this for samyama as well? Give up the intent to that great Silence.. What comes out of surrender is always more beautiful and perfect than anything built by the little, limited ego.

Much love and hugs to you, my divine brother.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  8:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes, of course. Active surrender.

I like to use the surfing metaphor. It's like riding a wave. There's no control of the wave itself, but there is participation in balancing on the swell of its momentum.

On this note, I want to be a dolphin. I'm tired of the human form. Shapeshifting, anyone?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  9:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi,

Thanks for the kind words. Besides the practical aspects of how, I think there are a lot of interesting questions that spin off... Like can you take/effect someone elses karma...?

On shape shifting into being a dolphin (or any other form), that one is actually easier than your first plan. Much easier to shift your energy form than to integrate it into existence.

Advancing the development of the human race, sounds like a noble plan...

Edited by - jeff on May 06 2013 10:14:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  10:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

quote:

Yes, of course. Active surrender.

I like to use the surfing metaphor. It's like riding a wave. There's no control of the wave itself, but there is participation in balancing on the swell of its momentum.

On this note, I want to be a dolphin. I'm tired of the human form. Shapeshifting, anyone?

Best of luck to you Bodhi.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 06 2013 :  10:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wisdom from Eknath Easwaran (this fits Kami's mentioning of ego desires):

Life consists in what a man is thinking of all day. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

A compulsive desire is like any other thought over which we have no control. It flows continuously: “I want that; I want that; I want that.” There seems to be no space between the thoughts. But when your meditation begins to deepen, two things happen. First, the thought process slows down. Second, you develop a new attitude toward desires – you begin to realize that you needn’t give in to the desire. You have a choice.

Now, when a very strong desire starts to overtake you, and your mind is just one long string of “I want that,” you catch sight of a tiny opening between the demands. It may be only a split second in duration at first, but in time it grows long enough for another thought, another kind of thought, to make itself known. “Hmmm,” we think, “maybe part of me does want that – but do I? Is it really in my long-term best interest to gratify this desire?”
- Eknath Easwaran
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000