Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 repetition of the mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  03:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
im not sure if this should be in the alternate practice forum but here goes.

can anyone who has taken the TM course explain if when they were taught how to

repest the mantra they were told not to repeat it continuously but to hear it and then

let it go?

I feel when i do deep meditation i tend to just repeat I Am mechanically
,back in the 70's i was going to dothe TM course but never got round to it,there is still a part of me that thinks I should give it a go but deep meditation seems to be perhaps identical in practice except maybe its just there sales talk but when ive seen questions put to the TM teachers they say its not a repetition of the mantra but the thought of it and then allowing it to take you deeper.

so basically anyone whos done both am i reading too much into the TM speel or is TM less forced a practice.
hope ive made myself understood.I do have the deep mediation book and i interperate the practice as a repetion of the mantra.
thanks
Chris

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  07:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  09:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Based on my learning of TM in the '70s, the process is the same, but the mantra is different. I believe there are several people here who were trained as teachers in TM so, hopefully, they will chime in.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  11:53:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou rce.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000