New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  03:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  07:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Radharani,

Your posts and writings warm my heart in the most wonderful ways.

Agree with you and Maha about testing vs. burning bad karma.. Who knows and who cares, right? Perhaps it is that as soon as the Divine becomes the centerpiece, He tests us smilingly, helping burn off the karma. The Hindu Puranas are full of such stories.. If interested, look up the story of King Harishchandra - every time I've thought I've had it bad, I think of this noble soul!!

Like you Radharani, the only prayer that seems to come up for the last year or so is "only you Krishna" or "Thy will be done".. Even during tough times, I can't think of asking for anything else.. A friend told me a while ago that he gets concerned about "only you" - what if that comes true and all else is taken away?

Bhakti is a strange thing, and has a will of its own.. Even in Arjuna's case, just because he chose Krishna, his life wasn't all peachy. He still had to do the fighting, losing all his loved ones (because of a prior indiscretion, the Pandavas were cursed that were they to win the war, only the 5 brothers would be left standing. This is what happened - all their sons were killed, including the young and dynamic son of Arjuna, Abhimanyu). Even after the war and its messy end, the Pandavas didn't live happily ever after.. They continued to have their struggles for the 30 odd years of their reign, finally going to the Himalayas as ascetics and dying there. Such is the way of living in this world full of its inevitable passing phenomena - dhukha, as the Buddha called it..

You are an inspiration to many on these forums dear Radharani. Perhaps you could consider writing a memoir of your path and its tribulations... Could see it helping so many that may be on the brink of giving up.

Much love and hugs.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  8:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for your kind words, Kami! Your posts have been a great inspiration to me also, as have Maheswari's. Until I came to AYP I really felt like I was nearly ALONE in all this. In my entire life I have only met a couple of other people (including the saintly yogini I mentioned earlier who lives in California) who shared this intense bhakti and who had a real, living, intense Love relationship with the Divine. I also have since met a few others in HOY. The sangha is so precious to me! As Krishna says in the Gita Ch. 10 V. 9, "The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me"

Re: your friend's concern about "only you" - yeah, it could happen, but like Maheswari said, He is the best/only choice regardless. Which brings me to a point I would like to clarify: OF COURSE we choose Him rather than His army! BUT, the question I had, again going back to this "manifesting" thing, was "is it possible to have BOTH [God and worldly success]?" Justin Verriega, for example, asserts that it most definitely is! And clearly Etherfish and Karl and my friend Kris Ward would agree. But my point was the emphasis on the "JUST" or "ONLY" You, which is what you and I, Maha, and probably Be and Bodhi, have gotten ourselves into (for better or worse); I now see that.

I guess I am curious, just from an intellectual standpoint, whether Justin, Ether, Karl or Kris, truly spiritual people who affirm that "manifesting" DOES "work" for them on a material level, ever specifically made that vow?? i.e. maybe their arrangement with Him is different? not that it's any of my business or that it would change my own path but it is an interesting question. God deals with each of us in our own unique way, right? That is one of the meanings of the Ras Lila.

As for my memoirs, maybe we should wait and see how things turn out first, in case I end up "going postal" or something? LOL!

So much LOVE to you and all my dear friends here at AYP!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  5:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Final countdown for the move to Lothlorien House. The latest plan is that I will move there and my husband will stay in the livable part of the trailer and assist with renovations to the damaged master suite. This way we can keep 1 suite at Lothlorien open for guests!! Also the living arrangement will work out better for us financially (due to taxes, child support, etc.) We will only be living about 300 feet away from each other, and since we are on opposite work schedules and spend very little time together during the week anyway, it won't be a problem. Of course we will have keys to both houses and visit each other whenever we desire. He will have the t.v. at his place and I will have the silence I prefer at the Retreat House. So, if everything goes as planned, I will have a guest suite for any AYP friends who happen to be visiting the area!
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  11:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

have the t.v. at his place and I will have the silence I prefer

Congrats to freedom from a TV set! I've been free from it for 10 yrs. (except for a couple of hotel nights) and never regretted . Ideas flow more smoothly now, and meditations too

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Jun 01 2013 11:21:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  11:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HathaTeacher

quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

have the t.v. at his place and I will have the silence I prefer

Congrats to freedom from a TV set! I've been free from it for 10 yrs. (except for a couple of hotel nights) and never regretted . Ideas flow more smoothly now, and meditations too

I do enjoy going over there and watching t.v. sometimes, especially on the weekend nights. There are a few shows that I enjoy, such as Big Bang Theory and various design programs on HGTV and House Hunters International, and some educational stuff and movies. But what bothers me is that my husband likes to have the t.v. on constantly, even when he first gets up. He will watch it all day long on the weekends unless nagged into doing something useful! To me it is just noise at that point. Also it was a problem when I was doing my psychic readings on the phone and the t.v. noise in the background was unprofessional. So this is working out really well for both of us.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  11:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been off the forum for a while due to being busy with moving and renovations. Lothlorien House needs a lot of work. I've managed to get most of it re-painted, except for the guest suite, and making slow but steady progress.

However, I've had a relapse of CFIDS (Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome) which I believe was precipitated by the black mold (an immunosuppressant) in the trailer and subsequent over-exertion with the move and everything. My body hurts all over and I am EXHAUSTED, but I know this is just a temporary setback and I will recover in time, with enough rest. Mainstream doctors said it was "incurable" in 1992 and "you will never work again," but thanks to holistic medicine and yoga, my disease has been at least 90% in remission since around 1997.

I did have to postpone the Grand Opening of Lothlorien House due to the time and energy constraints of the renovations, but I am very much looking forward to teaching yoga in this beautiful location!! The skylights make rainbows on the walls and floor of the yoga studio and it is awesome. The House has such a peaceful feeling and I know that my students (and maybe retreat guests?!) will be nurtured here. Thanks again to those who have donated to our cause. Will keep you posted!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2013 :  01:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2013 :  8:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had postponed the Grand Opening of my new yoga studio at Lothlorien House until July 20 - this coming weekend. However, I've had to postpone it once again due to illness and inability to complete the renovations in time. I was doing reasonably well until my step-children came on July 4 and a few days later I had strep throat. I was very puzzling since I couldn't figure out how I got exposed. Step-daughter is frequently sick and told me she had strep throat a couple of weeks prior, but had been treated with antibiotics and was no longer sick. On doing some research I learned that 15% of kids who have had the disease remain "asymptomatic carriers" even after full treatment with antibiotics! We merely sat next to each other, 2-3 feet away, and of course hugged a few times... Anyway, I was VERY sick for over a week and just now getting over it. So the renovations have been on hold but I hope to resume painting this weekend.

My stepson has moved in with his dad and naturally I have been handling all the paperwork, which is a little stressful (custody, child support, school enrollment, etc.). He is a great kid and was unhappy being raised by redneck hillbillies. Given that there are now 2 men sharing 1 small bathroom in the trailer (the master suite still needing repairs), I am VERY happy that I ended up moving into Lothlorien House by myself!

Things really do work out for the best, don't they?! Actually it has been WONDERFUL having my own clean, QUIET space here. I have the best of both worlds, the peaceful solitude that was mine before we got together, and I can just walk 400 feet to spend time over there with them watching t.v. on occasion whenever I want. And my husband can join me here for tantra. I'm really much happier living alone but right next door. It is an ideal arrangement.

Still broke, and ironically, I had a couple of opportunities for painting jobs while I was unfortunately busy with the renovations and/or sick. typical.

BUT I completely feel that everything will be ok, everything is as it should be and I have no worries. Didn't really mind being sick - laid in my waterbed for days on end, plenty of meditation in shavasana, listening to the rain pouring down (it was constant for at least 2 weeks). Illness can be the universe's way of making us REST when we really need it. The whole situation has given me lots of opportunities for letting go. I look forward to opening Lothlorien House for yoga students on a non-profit basis in the near future.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2013 :  10:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of success with your yoga studio Radharani!

Yes, illness can force us to rest when we need it. I quite like to be ill just very occasionally!

Josh
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2013 :  5:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of success with your yoga studio Radharani!

Yes, illness can force us to rest when we need it. I quite like to be ill just very occasionally!

Josh

thanks so much, Josh! [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  11:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've finished the renovations on the yoga studio and am ready for students next week, yay!

Still need to finish the guest suite before doing the Grand Opening, but I've gotten my strength back and anticipate doing that soon.

The studio is so nice, full of light, peaceful, a wonderful place for yoga and meditation.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  12:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i wish you the best and congrats
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  08:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  12:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
good luck my dear
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000