New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 01 2013 :  9:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
As many of you know, we had plans to open Lothlorien House, a non-profit yoga studio and spiritual retreat center in June when our tenant moves out. After the rats, fire, flood and subsequent black mold in the trailer recently, at first we thought that we would have to move into the House ourselves, and therefore would not be able to use it for the Retreat Center. However, it now appears, as far as we can determine, that the damage is limited to the master suite, primarily the bathroom where the floor is rotted, and the adjoining wall where the ratties were nesting and which caught on fire. The rest of the trailer seems ok except for the roof, which can be patched as necessary. So we will close off that part of the trailer.

In 2009 we had converted the living room into a yoga/dance studio and the dining room into the equipment/weight room. When we moved back in 2011 I used the master suite as my bedroom and office, and my husband had the second bedroom (not only are we on different work schedules, but also he snores, thrashes, yells and farts in his sleep and I refuse to share a bedroom with him, plus I prefer the waterbed while he needs a firm mattress). We used the third bedroom as our t.v. room, and I continued to teach yoga in the converted living room.

Well, we figured out we could rearrange the trailer so that the living room could return to its original purpose, the dining room could be used for my new office, and I could sleep in the third bedroom! It's been a LOT of work but we are making good progress and I love my new bedroom, especially NOT sharing it with the computers. And as it turns out, there is plenty of room right in front of our wine bar/altar to put 2 yoga mats down for asana!

So, it looks like we will be able to go ahead with opening Lothlorien House for yoga classes and spiritual retreats as planned! Our tentative Grand Opening will be on Summer Solstice, June 21, which is a Friday. That will give me just 3 weeks to clean, paint, and move the furniture after the tenant leaves. I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now but I believe it is doable...

Needless to say, if any of my AYP friends happens to be visiting this neck of the woods (NW Florida) you would be welcome to stay at the retreat house!

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  05:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  09:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 02 2013 :  8:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani
...I used the master suite as my bedroom and office, and my husband had the second bedroom (not only are we on different work schedules, but also he snores, thrashes, yells and farts in his sleep and I refuse to share a bedroom with him, plus I prefer the waterbed while he needs a firm mattress).

You are not alone in sleeping better when you have a bed of your own. Sleep researchers have found that that's true for everyone. However, our beliefs about what is 'normal' are in conflict with the findings, so those of us who enjoy beds (or houses) of our own have to do some explaining. I found this article helpful.
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/...fact_kolbert
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  12:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 03 2013 :  4:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Separate bedrooms, or at least beds, are good to improve the sleep and to prevent depolarization between shiva and shakti... ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  12:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

quote:
...I used the master suite as my bedroom and office, and my husband had the second bedroom (not only are we on different work schedules, but also he snores, thrashes, yells and farts in his sleep and I refuse to share a bedroom with him, plus I prefer the waterbed while he needs a firm mattress).

You are not alone in sleeping better when you have a bed of your own. Sleep researchers have found that that's true for everyone. However, our beliefs about what is 'normal' are in conflict with the findings, so those of us who enjoy beds (or houses) of our own have to do some explaining. I found this article helpful.

great article, thanks!

The writer mentioned sleep studies. One time I participated in a lucid dreaming study but I was unable to sleep deeply enough in the lab with all the electrodes and everything...

My husband and I do sometimes fall asleep together in tantric embrace, which is very sweet, but after a few hours I will wake up and go to my own bed.

Did I mention, he also "sleep eats"?! He sleep-walks into the kitchen, grabs any available food and takes it into his room and does not remember the next day. One time I found a half-eaten burrito under his pillow and he had no idea how it got there, LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  01:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The black mold has returned due to another leak (roof?) and I got extremely sick just going in there to check on the situation the other day. We are going to have an expert come in and assess whether or not the trailer can be salvaged. Turns out all our pipes (including the one that burst and put out the fire) are defective and were recalled by the government in 1999, the same year the previous owners died. Whatever will be, will be... Even if we end up having to live in Lothlorien House I will still teach yoga there, but would be nice to offer it for retreats. Will keep you guys posted. much LOVE!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  07:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hmmm... Not true here. I most certainly sleep better with hubby next to me. Has been this way all the years we have been married - the minute he walks in, I relax to a deeper level (even when I'm already asleep), and to a still deeper level when a few limbs can be thrown on him. Suspect he is the same way, but just won't admit it.

Radharani, reading your posts always brings to mind this saying that "The Lord gives us exactly what we can handle". Obviously you can handle a lot! Also, from one Krishna lover to another - He, of all deities in Hinduism, is known for demanding everything from his lovers. He will stop at nothing when it comes to surrender, and will test his beloved devotees to no end. Unlike Shiva with whom it's simply "ask and you shall receive", Krishna isn't really interested in granting boons, but in transforming his devotee into pure love; he does this quite gleefully and with no outward sign of mercy. In the Mahabharata, there is this episode where just before the war, he asks Kunti (mother of the Pandavas) for any favors. While everyone else has previously implored that their loved ones be saved, she says, "always give me enough angst so my mind can be fixed on you." The Kunti Gita is a work of pure love..

The greatest tests come to his most beloved devotees - get it?

Much love.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  7:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, so if everything is going well, God doesn't love me?? just kidding.
I've been doing this lately: whenever something goes wrong, I say it is God reminding me to keep my mind on him. Works very well, and it helps with whatever went wrong too!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  02:31:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Unlike Shiva with whom it's simply "ask and you shall receive",

upon reading this the following came to my mind and it might be totally invalid...Lord Shiva is unmoving inner silence ,a bit lazy ,when you use samyama you stimulate that lazy silence, so it gives you what you request cause your nagging is disturbing its peace, but not necessarily the way you exactly want it and definitely not in the smoothest way, sometimes "bad" events will happen but this is excatly what you need to see and remove obstructions in you
the end result does not differ much from Krishna
Maheswara
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  08:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds similar to what I was saying. By "something going wrong" i mean the tiniest things, like having trouble assembling parts while working. Then I put my mind back on God.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  08:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether and Maha,

When I was describing the difference between Shiva and Krishna/Vishnu, it was merely from a Hindu mythology perspective. Pretty much in every "bad guy" story, Shiva grants a boon seemingly without thought, leaving Vishnu to clean up the mess! For example, Shiva is the one that gives Ravana (in the Ramayana) most of the boons to make him supremely powerful and destructive. Vishnu takes the Rama avatar to kill Ravana and restore the Earth's balance. In Hinduism, the joke is that as we get older, our Bhakti shifts from Krishna to Shiva because we have tried and tried in vain to "get" salvation from Krishna and all he did was test us.

At the end of the day, they (and the millions of other divine forms) are simply aspects of our own Self. All the "bad guy" stories are depictions of the inner war that goes on within each of us. We "ask" things in samyama/prayer without knowing whether it is truly "good" for us, simply because (identified as separate selves) we forget we are only a part of a much grander whole. Even when things are granted (Shiva's way), unless the thing that is granted serves the whole, it is bound to cause inner and outer conflict. The only way out is to summon Krishna (in Hindu mythology, the entire creation is the cosmic dream of Krishna in yoga nidra) - He has access to the "whole" and therefore brings about the necessary transformation to set right not only the original misguided wish, but all of the whole. In fact, one could say that the original wish was never misguided, but the Shiva and Vishnu aspects working in concert for the benefit of the whole..

Both are very dear here - I grew up in a Shaivite family, and in my teens, was beckoned by Hanuman, an avatar of Shiva.. In my late twenties, Krishna appeared out of the blue, like a great big storm, changing everything in my life.. Clearly setting right many "misguided" wishes granted by the benevolent Shiva earlier.

Sorry to sabotage your topic Radharani!!

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  7:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

quote:

Hmmm... Not true here. I most certainly sleep better with hubby next to me. Has been this way all the years we have been married - the minute he walks in, I relax to a deeper level (even when I'm already asleep), and to a still deeper level when a few limbs can be thrown on him. Suspect he is the same way, but just won't admit it.

Radharani, reading your posts always brings to mind this saying that "The Lord gives us exactly what we can handle". Obviously you can handle a lot! Also, from one Krishna lover to another - He, of all deities in Hinduism, is known for demanding everything from his lovers. He will stop at nothing when it comes to surrender, and will test his beloved devotees to no end. Unlike Shiva with whom it's simply "ask and you shall receive", Krishna isn't really interested in granting boons, but in transforming his devotee into pure love; he does this quite gleefully and with no outward sign of mercy. In the Mahabharata, there is this episode where just before the war, he asks Kunti (mother of the Pandavas) for any favors. While everyone else has previously implored that their loved ones be saved, she says, "always give me enough angst so my mind can be fixed on you." The Kunti Gita is a work of pure love..

The greatest tests come to his most beloved devotees - get it?

Much love.

Dear Kami,
You "sabotaged" my topic by talking about beloved Krishna?! yeah, I don't think so!

You said, "The Lord gives us exactly what we can handle," and I've heard that before, but frankly I wonder. At this particular moment (see more below) I do not, in fact, feel that I can "handle" it. BUT, that just causes me to fall at His feet and hold onto Him with more desperation and greater faith. Thank you for pointing out that He likes to "test" His devotees greatly; I actually was not previously aware of that, and it would certainly explain a lot and it does put my mind at rest! We have a similar saying in Christianity, "The Lord tests those He loves," but I did not know Krishna shared that particular aspect. I just assumed I had sh*tloads of bad karma that is being burnt off to get Home quicker. It is much nicer to think He is just tormenting me out of Love. As long as I have HIM, it's all good. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  8:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, the latest on the situation with the trailer and Lothlorien House: On preliminary consultation with a couple of experts, plumber has revealed that ALL the pipes MUST be replaced immediately if anybody is to continue living in the trailer; as it is, we have yogurt cups under several leaks that could bust at any moment. Maximum lifespan of these pipes is 10-15 years and the trailer is a 1996 model, set up in 1998, so we are at least 15 years now and he says it is a miracle they haven't all burst already! BUT, renovations contractor (whom my husband works with and trusts, and who has lots of experience with renovating old trailers) says in his experience, based on what we've already seen, the damage is probably MUCH more extensive and in his opinion it probably won't be able or worthwhile to be salvaged. But he says we won't know for sure until we start tearing stuff out, and this cannot happen until AFTER we move out on June 1. So we won't even address the pipes until we find out if the whole trailer is falling apart or not.

Meanwhile I have begun to strongly suspect that the black mold is NOT limited to the master suite, as I'd believed. I continue to have symptoms and have had a major relapse of CFIDS, which I had thought was "cured" or at least 90% in remission, until around last December when symptoms began again, no doubt due to the mold in the suite where I was sleeping and working. (On doing more research I learned that black mold is a neurotoxin as well as an immunosuppressant!)

So, my seemingly clever plan, which I was quite happy with - moving into the third bedroom and sharing the bath with husband - has turned out to be untenable and we will have to move into Lothlorien House on June 1 and we may or may not be able to ever move back, depending on what we find upon deeper inspection. The trailer might be "totaled" but my homeowner's insurance only covers $10,000 for mold/rot. At the very least I hope to get a little cash out of this...

I have to admit the situation does bum me out, in so far as I've had a dream of opening the non-profit Retreat Center for over 20 years and it seemed like it was finally going to happen, and I was very excited about it! But maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Who knows. But like I said, I will at least continue to teach yoga there. We just won't have a living room (same as here in the trailer, where I had converted the living room into the yoga studio) and we won't be able to have overnight guests.

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  8:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:
Unlike Shiva with whom it's simply "ask and you shall receive",

upon reading this the following came to my mind and it might be totally invalid...Lord Shiva is unmoving inner silence ,a bit lazy ,when you use samyama you stimulate that lazy silence, so it gives you what you request cause your nagging is disturbing its peace, but not necessarily the way you exactly want it and definitely not in the smoothest way, sometimes "bad" events will happen but this is excatly what you need to see and remove obstructions in you
the end result does not differ much from Krishna
Maheswara

that makes sense, too. thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  8:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Oh, so if everything is going well, God doesn't love me?? just kidding.
I've been doing this lately: whenever something goes wrong, I say it is God reminding me to keep my mind on him. Works very well, and it helps with whatever went wrong too!

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  02:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Kami - do you ever feel that His "testing" is kind of like when Arjuna was given the choice between Krishna and His entire army? So if we choose Him (which obviously the bhakti-crazed cannot resist) then we don't get the army...?
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  06:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hey, Kami - do you ever feel that His "testing" is kind of like when Arjuna was given the choice between Krishna and His entire army? So if we choose Him (which obviously the bhakti-crazed cannot resist) then we don't get the army...?

Gosh Radharani!

For years I struggled internally with this question.. Remember in the Mahabharata, the Kaurava army was infinitely bigger and stronger. In my own mind, I was not sure that if I were in Arjuna's (seemingly guaranteed defeat and desperate) position, whom would I choose - Krishna (who was only going to act as guide, and not fight) or his powerful army?

One early morning last year, I finished practices and was having a cup of coffee listening to a Krishna kirtan, and had a powerful vision - all I saw were His feet (and lower legs swathed in yellow silk) from where I was standing (where Arjuna chose to stand - by His feet). At that moment, I knew without a doubt that I would choose Him any day, over anything. A dam burst, releasing the angst I had carried about this.

And to me, it seems that you, my dear, have chosen Him over everything as well.

One of our dear Shanti's paintings was inspired by this vision.

Love you (((hug)))
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  06:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Him
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  3:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kami, YES!!! and yet I don't even feel like it's a "choice" per se - I am just hopelessly, madly in Love.

I could not choose otherwise because without Him NOTHING means anything - food has no taste, the sun has no warmth, etc. Now there are those who say you can have it all - you can have God and still "manifest" all this material stuff; apparently it works for them. Maybe I am just too f*king stupid to figure out how to do it properly despite years of training by experts. Or maybe I would have to divert some energy from focusing on Him in order to do it, and if that is the case, then it's not even worth it... So I cling to Him and hope for the best, whatever is His will.

and I know exactly the painting you are referring to. Shanti's paintings have been such an inspiration to me!

Maha, YES!!!

LOVE to both of you, my dears.

The smilies are not working today, I can't find the heart, it has been replaced by an "8-ball"?! so - xoxoxo

Edited by - Radharani on May 15 2013 3:31:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  5:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
...maybe I would have to divert some energy from focusing on Him in order to do it, and if that is the case, then it's not even worth it... So I cling to Him and hope for the best, whatever is His will.

Radharani,

Maybe your relative material poverty has something to do with you affinity for St. Francis of Assisi, which you have expressed elsewhere.

Curious for your thoughts as I myself have an affinity for Francis, and have formally studied his writings and those Clare and subsequent Franciscan mystics, men and women. Also I think of my calling in life as being relatively materially poor. I'm drawn to it so powerfully that when I dream of a more fulfilling future, I think of some form of homelessness, without the addictions or mental illness often associated with homeless, but with a sense of being a beggar with a divine calling, and maybe with a bit of the crazy ecstatic gestures sometimes seen. But I'm in love with my wife, and amazingly, she is in love with me; so much so that she is downwardly mobile with me as far as she can see fit, which is amazing. Thus, homelessness, akin to that of Francis in his early years, is not an authentic option at this time.

Be

Edited by - bewell on May 15 2013 5:11:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  11:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
...maybe I would have to divert some energy from focusing on Him in order to do it, and if that is the case, then it's not even worth it... So I cling to Him and hope for the best, whatever is His will.

Radharani,

Maybe your relative material poverty has something to do with you affinity for St. Francis of Assisi, which you have expressed elsewhere.

Curious for your thoughts as I myself have an affinity for Francis, and have formally studied his writings and those Clare and subsequent Franciscan mystics, men and women. Also I think of my calling in life as being relatively materially poor. I'm drawn to it so powerfully that when I dream of a more fulfilling future, I think of some form of homelessness, without the addictions or mental illness often associated with homeless, but with a sense of being a beggar with a divine calling, and maybe with a bit of the crazy ecstatic gestures sometimes seen. But I'm in love with my wife, and amazingly, she is in love with me; so much so that she is downwardly mobile with me as far as she can see fit, which is amazing. Thus, homelessness, akin to that of Francis in his early years, is not an authentic option at this time.

Be

Dear Bewell,
Hmmm, very interesting! So you are a fan of Francis also. Glad your wife is ok with your downward mobility. You know, in talking with people who are into "creating your own reality via your thoughts," etc., I have seriously self-inquired as to whether maybe I was secretly or subconsciously attracted to poverty, as you say you are. However, in my case I'm fairly sure I am not - although "simplicity" is certainly attractive, which is why, as I mentioned before, I am fine with living in a [habitable] trailer (although friends have actually said, "Are you out of your f*king mind? Don't you think you are too good to live in that little old f*king trailer?!" No, I do not think I am too good to live in a f*king trailer. Lots of people live in them.)

Unlike you, in my case, at least in my earlier years, it was simply a matter of not thinking that money or material things mattered - period! I believed that if I followed my spiritual path, the universe would provide for my needs. I mean, I always had jobs and worked hard, but I actually viewed my work (mostly soul-sucking 8-to-5 office jobs) as an interference with my life. I just worked to live. I always thought it was odd (and still do!) that we must spend so much of our waking existence having our labor exploited by corporations merely in order to survive. But I never really cared about having a lot of money or fancy material things. I just assumed my basic needs would be met.

The "manifesting" I attempted on in my youth was primarily not about material things, but more about meeting and working with spiritual people in order to change the world. I was somewhat successful in meeting some of those people but nothing concrete was ever accomplished. E.g., my one big dream which I shared (I thought) with one of the people who taught and encouraged my "manifesting" (not to mention any names - Jon!) was to open a "music and meditation center."

Now here I am at 50, Free and in Love, and unable to make a living. More below. Love to you! [Hey, it's really bumming me out that the heart smiley was somehow replaced by the 8-ball?!]

Edited by - Radharani on May 16 2013 12:23:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  12:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Continuing the conversation with Kami and Maha, above, about "choosing Him," which also ties in with the other thread, Manifesting, DUH!:

You know, upon reflection on how the events of my life have unfolded, and particularly given the information provided by Kami above, as well as by Bodhi, Karl and Ether in the other thread, I think maybe I see what is happening here. It appears I have made a choice that may be undoable (and that's ok) and I am being "tested" by Him as a result.

For the first 10 years of my "manifesting" career, from like 1980 to 1990, I put my energies into various well-intentioned projects, few of which ever really came to fruition, and neither of the 2 main ones, the music/meditation center nor a tantric partner. But as time went on I got more and more into my personal yoga practice and figured everything else would fall into place. Finally in 1991 I said, "Never mind everything else - I just want YOU!!!"

For the next 14 years I was celibate, deeply into my practice. I had a simple, happy life (albeit struck by serious long-term illness in 1992) but always wanting to go deeper. The more I tasted God, the more I craved that 24/7 awareness of the Presence and Liberation from the monkey-mind, etc. Always saying "I just want You!"

Now, in 2005 I began to experience material difficulties, physically and financially unable to take care of the farm and horses I had inherited. I said, "You know I only want You, but You're not fixing the fences, mowing the grass or making money fall from trees. What do You want to do about it?" That was when my friend from karaoke confessed that he loved me (this romantic story has been described elsewhere) and suddenly I had the tantric partner I had asked for and long ago given up on. [Note, at that time I believed that my tantric partner was going to help me with the material difficulties but in fact, just the opposite happened and I have fallen ever deeper into debt in the 8 years we have been together thanks to him and his family.] But still, "I just want You, no matter what happens."

So then finally and suddenly in May of 2011 I got my answer: "ok, here I Am!" and the monkey-mind was silenced, all my fears taken away, and the burden of my existence as an ego/identity vanished. At the same time, however, our material situation got steadily worse. I didn't really even care because I was so blissed out for like the first 8 months. Then it got worse to the point where I had to focus somewhat more back on this plane in order to take care of some things, like, dying relatives and bankruptcy and stuff, although still mostly from the witness perspective. I did try "manifesting" again, this time studying with Kris Ward, but it "apparently" didn't work.

As things continued to spiral downward on this plane, my practice went even deeper. I think it was a couple of months ago, largely due to influence of the sangha, especially Maheshwari, Shanti and Kami, my reality suddenly shifted again and as described before, "like falling into an abyss of ecstasy." The ecstasy of His palpable presence was so intense that I could hardly handle it and took me a couple of weeks to "adjust" to the new level of Whatever. But the very clear message was, "I Am here with you!"

So this brings us back to Kami's discussion of "testing." I believe what is happening is that He's saying, "All those years you said you just wanted Me. Now you've got Me. Were you serious?!" Yes, I am serious. There's no turning back even if I wanted to.

Does that make sense? It makes perfect sense to me, but I'm not sure if others can relate, except of course for those who have already expressed similar feelings.

Hey, I think the heart smiley is back, yay!

Edited by - Radharani on May 16 2013 01:08:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  01:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i dont know if He is testing us or we are just burning bad karma....i dont even care to know if it is this or that...all i know is: how can i not choose Him? any other choice is compeltely insane....with Him,nothing else matters,even if death is around the corner like Arjuna's case
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  02:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

i dont know if He is testing us or we are just burning bad karma....i dont even care to know if it is this or that...all i know is: how can i not choose Him? any other choice is compeltely insane....with Him,nothing else matters,even if death is around the corner like Arjuna's case

Of course, I totally agree with you! What other choice is there?! but it just helps me to deal with the situation, to think that He is testing me out of Love. Plus, it makes more sense because the other people I know who are going through this are true saints, and it's hard to imagine that they had so much bad karma in their previous life, although in my own case I wouldn't be surprised.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000