AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini lightning strikes – from crown to root
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2013 :  1:40:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all.

I haven’t posted here in a couple years… I’m curious to know if anyone else has experienced this type of imbalance symptom, what you thought caused it, and what you did about it.

A few years ago, I was doing my practices regularly, every morning. One night, while sleeping, I was awakened by what felt like a bolt of lightning burning, searing in a flash through my spine, from the crown to the root. It felt as if a megawatt of current raced and burned from the top of my head to the base of my spine. Not a pleasant experience. I expected to be able to smell burned flesh. I thought I might have had a stroke, although I thought surely I was too young and healthy to have had one. I sat up and meditated to try to calm and relax. What followed during that meditation was something that I had heard others say was possible but I hadn’t believed it until it happened to me. I’ll keep that bit to myself but I will say that it was entirely positive and led me a step closer to understanding the true nature of the underlying reality we find ourselves in.

This week, I had two lightning strikes from crown to root, one right after the other. Just as ferocious in power as the first one years ago but they were back to back. Here’s what is different…. This quarter, I have been going to school full time and working full time and trying to keep the household going and for the entire month before I had let my practices slide. I hadn’t meditated, done breathing practices, samyama and sutras, nothing. I was focused on the mundane world.

Then two lightning strikes in one night. But the after-effect felt entirely positive. It felt as if my chakras had been cleared and as if a bundle of energy and tension at the base of my spine had vanished. I felt light, free, spiritually energized. It felt as if my nervous system had been cleansed. That morning I resumed my practices. The inner joy that radiated when I followed regular practices had returned.

I know that Kundalini generally flows upward but I’ve had three down strikes. I can only guess that my system was out of balance and this was in some way a correcting action. But in the two cases, my actions were entirely opposites: in one event, faithfully practicing and in another event, completely abandoning them for an entire month.

Has anyone experienced a top-down kundalini strike that felt like a lightning bolt? What do you think caused it and how did you respond? My plan is to do some fasting and continue with the regular practices, but only pranayama and meditation for a while.

Thanks for any insight you wish to share.

Kathy

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  09:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't experienced what you're talking about but its so wonderful being around people on this forum who confide their intimate spiritual experiences...thanks NagoyaSea.

This morning I'm reading Yogani's "Spinal Breathing Pranayama" book and this stuck out after reading your post yesterday:

"As part of the overall process of purification we may sometimes feel electric-like currents inside out body. These can come suddenly and be quite unexpected. They are not common, but it can happen. They generally do not last, and are an indication of energy moving suddenly through obstructions. As the obstructions are dissolved, then the energy flow will smooth out. If currents in the body ever become uncomfortable, then the principle of self-pacing should be applied, and our practice should be reduced in time until the energy becomes smooth again."

You're doing the self-pacing and probably know the other stuff too NagoyaSea but like I say I just thought of you when I read this earlier and so pass it along.

Edited by - BillinL.A. on Apr 28 2013 10:00:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  12:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy,

I have had similar experiences of lightning from the crown down. The first time it was like being zapped with a billion volts. Thought I could have lit up a small city.

Crown down is common in many traditions. It is particularly common in gnostic Christian paths, and sometimes called "the descent of the Holy Spirit". I would not consider it being "out of balance", more that we all just have our own "order" of cleaning out the energy body. Also, as the purification expands, you may find that the lightning bolt starts to feel more like a high intensity laser beam.

Best wishes,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  2:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both. BillinL.A, yes, I posted here because this forum is a place where we can share the experiences of our journey without being judged. We can safely post our questions and issues and people on a similar path genuinely try to help by sharing their insights. Thank you for the book quote. I've read that book, and many of Yogani's others, but forgot that passage. In the last occurrence, since I was focused on the mundane, this experience brought me back to my practices, which is a good thing...

Jeff, thank you for sharing that you too have experienced this. It WAS like 'being zapped with a billion volts'. It makes sense, for my particular case, if it is associated with gnostic or mystic traditions. I had not realized that. And yes, it was exactly as if the energy body was being cleared, all chakras being cleared, and a bundle of pent energy released and flowing. The second set of bolts was equally intense as far as the strength of the lightning but did not seem to sear and burn through as the very first strike did. I do hope that if it repeats it will become as you say, more like a laser.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  2:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy,

It is sort of like there are "layers" to the energy body, so cleaning them out in levels can be very common. Do you feel vibrations/energy all over your body during normal practices? Also, could you describe a little more about your gnostic or mystic background?

Best, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2013 :  9:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not just during practices, Jeff.

When quiet, I feel energy humming through my entire body. I think we can all feel this if we try, when we are silent, not just when doing our practices. Just as I think if we all try, we can see the etheric body’s energy radiating outward from our skin when the light is dim. It is like a mist, a soft light surrounding our body. Light a candle or two in the dark, hold your hand or arm out before you, sit in silence and you will see it…

And regarding energy when lying down, usually when waking mid-night from sleep, sometimes there are pulses of energy that radiate from the spine outward. It feels like glorious healing energy moving throughout. Amazing, joyful, energizing.

For the other question: I am a student of the mystic path but I have long since done these yoga practices as part of this journey.

Thank you for the insight you have shared,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  11:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I would agree that the energy is always present, more whether we "notice" it or not. Very cool that you can "see" it. If you don't mind my asking... Do you see "auras" on others? Any astral visions?

Very nice in how you blend the mystical path with yoga practices.

Thanks, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  10:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff,

Are you a student of the mystic and esoteric or Gnostic traditions?

Auras: Only a few times and only when I tried in a focused way. It is easier in my case to feel the strength and nature of someone's aura. I have friends on the mystic path who see auras quite easily.

Astral travel: Yes. It just happens. As does clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience. And more. We all have these abilities.

I don't pursue these things. Perhaps we should, I don't know. I do my practices, I read and study. But I have the great fortune to know a group of people locally on the mystic path. We gather for 4 hours twice a month and discuss spiritual topics. Sometimes we 'practice' and try to strengthen some of these things. We meditate together. The group energy is amazing.

But some of the most revealing and wonderful things have happened through the advanced yoga practices....

Blessings,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  10:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy,

Yes, you could probably describe me as sort of a hybrid gnostic Christian (A little Buddhist and Taoist practices tossed in).

Sounds like a nice group. I would also agree that there is always a powerful dynamic with group meditation.

Finally, I am with you on the astral stuff. Interesting, but really just a distraction of the mind.

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000