Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Deep Meditation for the BEST Sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  7:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear All:

I decided to pick up the meditation mantle last night, and before bed practised.

STraight after, I climbed into bed and had the BEST sleep in as long as I can remember, and I so v much needed it.

So I definitely recommend, if you are having trouble with sleep, to practise DM

blessings,

M

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  7:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I remember correctly, yogani advises not to do DM before sleep, no? Nevertheless, I can imagine why that'd be, as I feel sleepy after meditations too. Plus, DM over a sustained period of time can make whatever sleep you get more fulfilling, thus you'll be needing less sleep to function throughout the day.
Go to Top of Page

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  8:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I avoid to do it for better mundane integration, but DM before sleep doesn't ruin my nights either.

Edited by - apatride on Apr 17 2013 10:22:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  10:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ooops!!

Yogani says not to???? Oh :(
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  11:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ak33, that is true, it is advised not to do the practices right before sleep, so the nervous system has time to integrate the practices in activity.

I have been going contrary to that advise and never found it to disrupt my sleep schedule, and like Sparking, find it easy to drift off to sleep. But I usually try to squeeze in a bit of activity if time permits just to be sure to get the most benefits out of a session.

There is Cosmic Samyama that you can do right before falling asleep, but the advise again is to self-pace it in case you find it interfering in any way with sleep.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  9:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP does NOT recommend doing DM right before sleep. I have a lifelong habit of doing so, as I like to begin and end my days with meditation. HOWEVER, especially in the last few years, many times I will get swept away in ecstasy for hours in meditation and end up not getting enough sleep, although the sleep I do get after DM is deep and good quality. Not complaining, any more than a person on their honeymoon is going to complain about lack of sleep. Just a "warning" that as your practice deepens you may find it difficult to stop meditating and go to sleep. Of course, at this point somebody may suggest "self-pacing" but personally it doesn't work for me in these situations.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000