Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Introducing Myself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  11:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'd like to introduce myself to the forum. I am a woman, 51 years old married for half my life to my wonderful husband . We have two children, a boy who is 18 (or should I say man!), and a girl who is 16.

I came to find the AYP site by doing research on Kundalini awakening, as so many before me seem to have done as well. I am a long time meditator - primarily Vipassana (insight/breath meditation) and Zen meditation, though I haven't sat in a formal setting with a teacher and a group in quite some time. The spiritual teacher who I identify as my primary teacher was not affiliated with either Vipassana or Zen, though she was the one who recommended that I begin Vipassana practice intitially. She died long ago now, and she had no lineage and left no lineage by design so "the guru is in you" is quite familiar to me, as that is what she taught as well. She was a teacher of self-inquiry, primarily.

I am so happy to have found this site and the AYP practices. I started with the first books on the practices after doing a search on my Kindle for books on Kundalini awakening. I have been having experiences and "symptoms" for decades, and it has been through the AYP practices and information that I finally understand that many of my experiences have actually been Kundalini in nature, and sometimes Kundalini overload in nature. In a short time of doing the basic practices the energy has smoothed out, for which I am so grateful.

I've been reading the forums for only a short time but have read enough to see that this a sincere, thoughtful, wise, compassionate and very knowledgeable group. I'm so impressed with the openness and genuine love shown here by so many. I am looking forward to continuing to learn and grow with the practices and the forum.

Edited by - Zanyan on Apr 15 2013 11:52:27 PM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  02:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums Zanyan
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  06:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A warm welcome Zanyan!
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  06:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Warm welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  08:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums Zanyan!
Thanks you for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  08:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome from another 51 year old.
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  12:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcomes .
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  01:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! I think you will find this is a lovely sangha.
Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  08:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely to meet another 'newbe'. Good wishes from another, albeit a retired one of 67! Welcome!
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  1:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Zanyan!
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  6:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum :)
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  12:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWho

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  3:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Zanyan. Thanks for relating your story. And you're right...Great people here...knowledgeable and supportive :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000