Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Memory
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  4:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, since the slow rise of the witness a month ago, my memory has been consistently worsening. I can recall incidents if someone mentions them to me, but besides that things that happened an hour ago won't even cross my mind again. This is an advantage as I am able to stay in the moment much more, but I really have to make an effort to remember things now. Plus, I've also become a lot more absent-minded, I know this sounds like a contradiction. But I mean that I can't focus on multiple things anymore, sometimes I miss entire conversations/movements of people when I'm preoccupied. Anyone else had these experiences??

Edited by - ak33 on Apr 18 2013 06:54:13 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  08:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AK33.
Yes this is normal.
It is a way of unlearing the constant living in the mind and relaxing into the now. Nothing is really forgotten, when we need it, it will all come back.

It was discussed here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=2
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1057

There are a few more topics on it if you want to do a search on it.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  10:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ak33,
I have the same problem. Although, I learned through experience that it is not a memory loss that happens. It is that I have a block in my energy somewhere which somewhat paralyzes my 'brain', and then all I can think is 'Aw! I can't remember anything!' or something. Try to relax in those situations, it should help.
Also, If your energy is wild(not under control) in some situations(my way of describing situations in which I am not present), do not hope to remember them(situations). Your attention in those situations was consumed by your energies, and was not in the situation that you later try to remember.
It is my eight year in trying to master of this, still failing badly.
But then again, I have discovered AYP just recently, and it has changed a lot here lately, so...there is hope yet!

Hope this helps,

Mykal K
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  10:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AK33,

I also had the same issue for a couple weeks. Additionally, I found that I could not "imagine" things. I found that I could only access my memory (or imagine) if it was necessary in the moment to what I was doing. I was able to track the problem to high levels of energy flows. My "clarity" was not enough to sort of have the extra space. But, things evened out after a couple weeks.

Best, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Arman

Australia
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  12:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ak33. :)

During periods of heavier shifting in consciousness I've experienced temporary 'fuzziness' that can occur for a few days or weeks or longer. During these periods I might experience any of these symptoms: trouble with memory recall, I'm not as articulate, I can stumble over my words, sometimes forget what I'm doing or I'll mix things up like putting the milk in the cupboard and the cereal in the fridge. I also mix up words and letters when typing.

It could very well be an energetical issue, but within me, I feel like it is likely because of large changes in brain chemistry. I wouldn't worry about it . I recommend you add focus to keeping hydrated and receiving the proper nutrition and exercise. These always seemed helped me greatly and I eventually return to my clear self.

This is an extract from biologyofkundalini.com that you may find interesting. I can't attest to the accuracy so please take with a large pinch of salt.

The loss of memory and mental faculty experienced from bliss, expanded states and kundalini occurs because the body's forgetting chemicals: anandamide, enkephalins, endorphins are produced in large amounts in the hippocampus and amygdala, and hypothalamus (limbic system). The increase in charge through these areas heightens the body's cannaboid and optiate systems. This acts in a healing fashion, to help our Pavlov's dog brain to forget past trauma, but it can incapacitate one to varying degrees. Thing to do is to not get anxious on top of the loss of faculty because that will only increase the stress, thereby increasing the "numbing/forgetting" chemistry.

source: http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...?story=Bliss

Edited by - Arman on Apr 18 2013 12:49:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  1:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there ak33

Yep, apparent loss of memory has been observed here too. However, in my case, it has nothing to do with high/low energy flows or bliss. Seems to be more of a deidentification with things that make up the memory.. Haven't really bothered to analyze it much.. However, there is also simultaneous observation of the ability to recall facts when needed. When teaching or asked about something, I often find myself stating facts learned decades ago - does not happen if I try to recall things like that for fun. There is also a sense of things in memory being surreal, ephemeral and dream-like.. I find this aspect to be very useful in inquiry - if there is a "clear cut" memory of something (minus the surreal quality), I know there is attachment there that needs work..

Like you say, it can be a good thing. But it can also be quite incapacitating - I can no longer function without my calender. Two years ago, I forgot an important appointment that did not make it to my calender, disappointing several people. I learned my lesson and henceforth, I'm never too far away from my phone with multiple alerts for each engagement!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  4:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thoughts on memory:

There is a kind of deep unloading of psychological material that can result in some very vivid memories returning in unexpected and emotionally powerful ways; often these memories that arise are connected to present circumstances in uncanny ways; there are multiple dimensions of experience and consciousness, and as we shift in our neuro-biological capacity for awareness, it is helpful to offer self-inquiry in samyama fashion, letting go into the silence; the emotional life of the body/mind continues to experience shifts as it always has does, but the shifts resolve more quickly; undigested emotional material of a lifetime can block memories, and when the material is digested, memory is liberated from shame and fear, liberated for love and compassion.

Be
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  2:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your detailed responses everybody. Kami, I can identify with memories feeling dream-like. This whole thing is really world, especially when your reality itself starts to feel dream-like. Anyway, it's only bad when I forget important things, but besides that it's a blessing
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  02:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a most embarrassing session with a doctor not too long ago when I could not answer any of his questions.. I smiled stupidly at him and wanted to say...I cannot recall how I got to your office and you expect me to recall if I took my pills this morning??! Or how old I am for that matter !!

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  08:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oyyyy Sey! You better start writing things down... ha ha. Just kidding.
Funny thing about age, I forget how old I am too, I always think i am a year older than I really am, and people around me correct me.. ha ha.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  12:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Somethings are just best 'forgotten'...

Sey
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  02:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Somethings are just best 'forgotten'...

as if they never ever happened
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000