Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Meditation experiences
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

growing

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  12:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All

Is there any particular link i can click that might explain some experiences one might have during meditation. I know were not supposed to analyse everything that happens but I'm curious about a few things that happened with my meditation this weekend.

Whilst falling asleep after an hour session I felt a pop in my head, well, actually is was more of a thump on my head and it felt like it actually penetrated my head but it didn't hurt in the slightest, it went in a downwards motion. What is this please ? Anyone have anything similar ?
Also, during meditation today, I lost consciousness or i was in a trance of some sort and I thought i saw smoke going past my face, like something was on fire, it made me jolt out of the trance but there was nothing there when i opened my eyes

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  08:46:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Growing,
I have has the experience of a pop/thump in my head, it felt like something shifted/realigned
Being in a trance/sleep like state is also normal.
I am not sure why any of these things happen, maybe others know and wll explain it. But taking it as a part of our opening and moving on is the best way to go. The sooner we let go trying to figure out why something happens, the sooner we will experience more of these things, some of the experiences are very beautiful.
Good things are happening. Enjoy them but don't get caught up in them.
Much love!

PS: an hour session? Not just meditation I hope.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  11:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
99.9% of experiences during deep meditation practice fall into one of three categories: 1) Experience of Pure Consciousness, or Inner Silence, 2) Experience of Purification, or the release of stresses which block the nervous system from maintaining Inner Silence, and 3) Experiences of Energy Flow. The first 2 are pretty straightforward--Inner silence is Inner Silence, plain and simple, no mantra, no thoughts, no perceptions or sensations, just Awareness, without any Object of Awareness--awareness by itself. Purification is some releasing of impurities from the nervous system as silence deepens--relaxation causes purification in a very physical sense. These impurities are like the dust which flies when we clean a room. It's clean AFTER. but during, it could be a bit messy. Our experience of this "messy" state of the dust flying during meditation as relaxation deepens and purification begins, mainly falls into 3 categories--thoughts, emotions and sensations. We may have some random thoughts about anything, some feelings which make no sense, and even some physical sensations or body movements, muscle twitches, which are, literally, our stresses being released. The third category of experience, Energy Flow, is usually due to a subtle interplay of inner silence and stress release, and can take nearly any manifestation, and so that is the one which is hard to pin down. Feelings of warmth or light, inner sensations such as an itch or tickling deep within the physiology, subtle interior feelings of "movement" or flow might indicate this, but purification could also cause some of these things. In any case, it's not really important to know in specifics, because all 3 types of experiences are positive results from our practice and we allow them to come, and take them as they go with a neutral and cordial attitude.
Namaste,
Michael

Edited by - mikkiji on Apr 15 2013 11:36:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Moola_Bandha

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  05:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Michael, that was good!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000