Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 AYP Deep Meditation Advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2013 :  09:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, for the past few weeks, I was prescribed a different practice by my family's spiritual teacher/guru and had to stop AYP abruptly. My results from this practice were pretty bad, to be honest and within a few weeks fear was rising and I was starting to identify with my thoughts again. Due to the base AYP has given me, I was able to remain fairly stable though. I want to start AYP again, but I'm in a position where I can't quit this other practice, so I was thinking of combining them (doing basic AYP deep meditation along with the other practice). The other practice consists of prayer, AUM chanting and other mantra chanting (out loud though). Any thoughts?

Moola_Bandha

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  06:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I had a similar question. I wanted to do AYP's DM along with this. It's a specific channeled sound (called Aethos) that cleans the nervous system and the energy channels, just like IAM mantra.

The reason is I want to give DM a little push. I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

People say the results you get from your spiritual practice depend on your past lives experiences and practices as well. But what if I didn't do anything in my past lives?!

But maybe it's too soon to tell... I've been meditating for only two days now.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  08:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AK33,
If you are overloading on the other practice, combining AYP to it may not be the way to go... but if you do want to try it, ease it in slowly with 5min deep meditation and see how it goes. We don't recommend mixing practices as we will not know what is adding to the overload.
One reason you may be feeling the fears is that Om chanting directly affects the crown. And if you are not ready to open the crown it can bring up a lot of overload symptoms.
Anyways, keep us informed on how things go.
Wish you all the best!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  08:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MB,
Did not read the full article but one line caught my attention... This method uses the Central Channel of energy that runs from the crown at the top of your head, through the center of your body to your perineum, a point midway between your anus and your genitals. Some refer to this channel as the Pranic Tube, the Central Pillar or the Secret Channel.
As I said above, in AYP we don't recommend going to the crown consciously, we let it open by itself when it is ready, by staying between the perineum and third eye. If you have been doing deep meditation for only two days now, I would say give it 6 months, add spinal breathing as mentioned in the lessons and see how it goes. If after that you want to add the other practice, then do so. Or go with the other practice and see how that feels and then add AYP if you feel drawn to it. Mixing practices, especially right in the beginning is not a good idea.

If you are here you have done practices in other lifetimes... it really does not matter if you did do practices in other lifetimes, what matters is what you are doing now... finally the stillness is in us always, whether we practice or not, with practices, we just get in touch with it.... practice for a few months and see how you feel... I am sure you will feel right at home.
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  2:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for your response shanti. Yes, I imagine it was the om chanting, as my head would hurt after doing it. I have also become much more irritable and depressed over these past few weeks. I have now stopped this former practice and I'm going back to AYP. It don't see the sense in abandoning something which gave me good results over something that's undoing progress. I'm going to take it slower this time and continue with DM for another couple of months.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  8:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad it helped.
Go to Top of Page

Moola_Bandha

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  12:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

Yes, you are right.

Actually, last night I had a dream and woke up after it with this clear message in my mind that I am releasing negative stuff, even after two days of meditation. I don't feel it physically yet but based on my dream, it is working.

I will resist the temptation and will stay with DM for at least 6 months before judging. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  08:32:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000