New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  9:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yonatan!

Today is the one week anniversary of him leaving the earthly coil

This is going to be a tough day. At this time right now last week, I was waking up to find him sitting upright outside, which was so strange for him. If only I had picked up the signs more clearly, I think I may have been able to save him, like I did bfore. Although I was well aware he was to die, I just didn't think it would be this soon.

I am doing better, and so is my son. He just commented this morning, tht he heard Milo's footsteps on the floorboard, and he has alos been seeing Milo's spirit still hanging around.
I don't 'see' like that, but yesterday upon our return home, I thought I heard his bark, just one bark.

I would hope it was his spirit saying hi, or maybe it was just my mind playing games with me. who really knows. all I know is our Milo is gone, and the grief has been v deep.

My last dog that died in 1997, I was sooo overcome with grief, I couldn't get out of bed. This time, the grief hasn't consumed me, thanks be to God !!

thanks again for sharing your kind thoughts and sentiments Yonatan!

Blessings

Maria
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  9:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Diamond, Your partner may be right about how animals express pain. For example, one time my Arabian horse was sick (colic) and when the vet arrived, she said he was VERY sick and in a lot of pain. I asked, "How can you tell, he's not saying anything?" and she said, "Only by his heartbeat. He is a very stoic little guy!" So maybe whereas humans cry out for sympathy and attention, animals may remain quiet to conserve their energy. Your dog may have been suffering for a while and didn't want to complain.

Anyway I agree with what Yonatan said, above.

Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  9:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Radharani

Maybe he was in pain. When you step on a dog, they cry out in pain, so that's why I couldn't see that he was in pain, but there was none of that.

Ahh, how I wish I knew more about this. Even when the vet said in January to prepare yourself, I didn't really know how to do that

Even on the day I took him to the vet if the vet had told me he was in pain, I would have put him to sleep. I wouldn't have kept him in pain.

sometimes, I feel sooo ignorant!

Thank you all for your support and loving words in this really difficult time. At least, my dog is finally out of his suffering, if I could do things differently, I would have put him to sleep

Namaste`

Maria
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2013 :  12:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I came across this by accident as i put So Hum in the search,
I've been crying for the mast 5 minutes at your story and of Dr Who's.I had 3 cats and 1 went missing and that was in March and I still cry thinking about her not knowing what happened.
A stray cat arrived a few weeks after and after trying to locate his owners without luck took him in,he is the most affectionate cat I've known and follows me around like a dog and is so loving,
i know sometime they must leave their physical forms but even though they are still young i at times envision that time and get so upset.
I feel more of an affinity to animals than humans and often end up feeding any cats in the area that look abandoned.I think I feel for them because
they don't have self awareness and at the the mercy of humans ,some who can be so cruel and uncaring.
I hope you are feeling more at peace with the loss of your beloved pet/friend/companion as you are blessed to feel so much love for him.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000