Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Spinal breath and DM question.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

arti

Christmas Island
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  9:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

In AYP it said after spinal breath put seeds of I Am into field else weed can grow. In Kriya spinal breath often said is the way to peel onion. In Yogananda book its said spinal breath fastens spiritual evolution. I presume they mean seed is in you anyway and once field well nourished it grows automatically.

In western traditions silence is recommended plus practices similar to spinal breathing.

What are your thoughts?

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2013 :  08:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Don't know much philosophy but this i can say that after pranayam the mind/body narurally wants to meditate. Dhyan is the essential consequence of pranayam. Meditate on Om or Aham ( as in "aham brahmasmi) or I AM, if you can. You will feel you have travelled several steps forward.
regards.
Go to Top of Page

evansia

India
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2013 :  03:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear
I am new here I have been meditating for quite sometime. When I meditate I am getting a tingling sensation from the tip of the spine to the head when it reaches the head it spreads out I also experiencing twitches in various parts of my body. I have slowed down now because since two days I am feeling very dizzy, Can you please help me
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2013 :  05:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello evansia
welcome
are you practicing DM? how long is your session?

Edited by - maheswari on Nov 02 2013 05:14:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

evansia

India
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2013 :  06:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
I have been doing meditation TM and also belly breathing for more than a year. It is almost a month that I am getting all these sensation and have no idea what they are I dont know what DM is.
Regards
Go to Top of Page

evansia

India
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2013 :  08:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I was doing Deep Meditation and the mantra I used was so hum I only new about AYP today.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2013 :  1:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear evansia
Lesson 13 explains DM...the mantra that is used is AYAM
Since you are feeling dizzy from your practice, just cut down your practice time or stop your practice for few days and see if you feel better
If possible try to engage yourself in grounding activities ie simple daily chores, try going for a walk
Check lesson 69
You should feel better soon
In all cases, make sure that your diziness is not related to any health issue
Go to Top of Page

evansia

India
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2013 :  8:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You maheswari
Was a great help I was in a sea floating in a rudderless boat now I am assured that there is a forum which can guide me will follow your advice. will post next week. Hoping that the kundalini shakti will do the needful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000