Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 purification flu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  06:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
how can i tell the difference between a regular flu and a flu due to some purification/opening up... happening in the body?

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  12:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
since few days sometimes i am having shivers and feeling cold although the weather now is mild....last night i felt tickling in the trachea and the throat then i had a cry, you know those deep cries that come from manipura chakra and or from heart chakra
today there was some very light flu...the tickling in throat is on and off
but when i did samyama (my only sitting practice at the moment) the tickling throat was so strong and i had to cough
which reminds me of an old thread i posted
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....Terms=throat
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  1:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you are feeling better.
It's hard to tell at times if it is purification or not. But either way, when you do get hit by one of these, best to rest a lot and take plenty of fluids.
Much love!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  9:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari,

I had the same symptoms when you posted last regarding this symptom. And, yes I'm experiencing the same thing in Samyama these days. My throat is scratchy and ticklish, always end up coughing. Hopefully it's purification.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  03:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am taking my temperature day and night...well no fever
the throat is still in pain on and off
but last night i was feeling ecstatic energy all over my body...and the hair was standing on end all over my body....the ecstasy was pleasant....
all day long i was thirsty..dry hot mouth...(like in soma cycle) so drinking lots of fluids
wait and see

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 01 2013 04:02:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  3:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ayurveda says that in the springtime the Kapha ( mucous etc.)which has been stored in the wintertime begins to flow due to the warming of the sun. This flow leads to colds and flu symptoms this time of year which is a purification of the body. Certainly virus and bacteria play a role here but in many cases it is an opportunistic one where someones immune system is weak or they have excessive waste stored up for them to feed on. For this reason the spring is a good time for cleansing practices to encourage a healthy elimination of this stored up mucous and waste from the winter. When it begins to warm up is a good time to do fasting or other yogic cleanses to clear your system and be fresh for the warmer months. If you don't then you may well get colds or flu to force the process.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  3:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Victor ..thx for your input
i never fast...i never liked it... also i am mainly vata and vata people cant tolerate fasting much due to their bodily constitution
this weird flu is still there...the coughing during sitting practices..the itchy soar throat...and today lots of mucous...it is not sneezing or non stop mucous ,it is on and off, very slow....plus no fatigue at all....

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  7:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, no fatigue is good. Sounds like your body is just cleaning out. Enjoy the process
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  02:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yep
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  06:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Allah ysalmik...
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  06:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thx!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000