Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 amaroli/vajroli - my mini tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  3:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i am trying to solve the problem of being on a medication which is excreted by the kidneys and my amaroli practice.

i am a bit stumped to know whether i can skip this practice completely.

i seem to have an intuition that i am loosing a lot of special essences when i pee.

Could washing myself in it help? will my skin absorb it?

i have found it cleanses the skin.

i dont seem to be doing any practices from AYP at the moment except bhakti and the practice of mindfulness as a step back from deep meditation. I seem to have automatic vajroli going on on occassion.

I seem to have turned to smoking to control my kundalini.

i wonder if i should be meditating on iam and thus reduce the possibilty of having a kundalini overload on bhakti alone.

joe

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  8:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Joseph, I've wondered about that, too - amaroli while taking medications. I do know, for example, that a large percentage of the vitamins we take end up going down the toilet, so with amaroli we can recapture some of them! But in terms of drugs, is it a benefit or a detriment? Not sure. Interestingly, I just ran across this article by an alleged yogi/MD who claims that amaroli is dangerous! Well personally, I must say I trust the thousands-of-years-old yogic tradition more than I trust modern medicine... Generally the skin absorbs everything that we put on it, but I'm not sure what difference it will make in this case.

You wonder if you should be meditating to "reduce the possibility of kundalini overload on bhakti alone." It is my understanding of the AYP system [and please, others who have been here longer and have more experience with AYP, correct me if I'm wrong] that adding more practices tends to increase the possibility of overload. Unless you mean, maybe substituting DM for some of your bhakti-related practice?

For me, I am completely unable to "self-pace" in terms of bhakti although I can do so with other practices. So if I were in your shoes, having issues with overload, maybe I would want to substitute a calmer practice like DM. smoking - what?!

In any case, I wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  9:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  4:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

well it seems that i cant practice amaroli as my dr says that i would increase my dosage of medication beyond a safe level.

But the real question is can my practice overcome that by becoming natural vajroli, because i can feel that the ecstastic essences and sexual essences are some times rising.

i tried to get back to deep meditation 20 min but it made me feel irritable so i'm doing breath meditation instead.

i now know that my ego is battling my positive ambition of enlightenment (when it comes to smoking i'm just not there yet)

so i'll just keep meditating and see what happens.

thanks for your reply.

joe :-)
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  7:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

Hey,

well it seems that i cant practice amaroli as my dr says that i would increase my dosage of medication beyond a safe level.

But the real question is can my practice overcome that by becoming natural vajroli, because i can feel that the ecstastic essences and sexual essences are some times rising.

i tried to get back to deep meditation 20 min but it made me feel irritable so i'm doing breath meditation instead.

i now know that my ego is battling my positive ambition of enlightenment (when it comes to smoking i'm just not there yet)

so i'll just keep meditating and see what happens.

thanks for your reply.

joe :-)

Your doctor confirmed my suspicion w/ regard to the meds and amaroli.

However, the good news is that you do not need to do amaroli anyway; it is an optional practice. Natural vajroli can happen regardless, especially if you are preserving/ cultivating your sexual energy. It seems to me that any daily meditation practice, including the breath meditation, would contribute to that.

I'm glad the breath meditation is working for you! All the best.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  2:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did amaroli for awhile. Can't honestly say that it did anything for me except to overcome the taboo and revulsion. I would just drop it if you have doubts about medication. There are other much more valuable practices such as pranayama and meditation to focus on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000