Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 my current problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  8:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am currently battling with smoking which along with damaging my health is also very bad (it seems) for my spiritual well-being.

i have a lot of devotion going on right now which is really smoothing things out. the problem is i have a cigarette and the whole thing is completely blocked out. i feel little love devotion. my brain fills with thick gue.

i believe it is linked to my micro-cosmic orbit being open. every cigarette i have enters into the micro cosmic orbit and blocks my brain with a kind of sick gue.

i keep making this mistake lol. I must have about a gramm of amrita in me and when i'm on form i can hear the heavens singing. but i just ignorantly turn for a cigarrette and its all gone.

its mental, i need to give up badly.

i'm not currently doing deep meditation or spinal breathing, i do 3 minute meditations of mindfulness which my guru advised.

be glad to hear your thoughts.

Edited by - AYPforum on Mar 25 2013 11:32:44 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  11:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  12:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I started smoking in early days, and had myself convinced that I need this. I have been compulsive smoker for around 10 years. And then I experienced something which I have written in below link:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....erms=smoking

then also, it was tough to stay away from the occasional cigarette. Though I was almost free from the addiction and was in 6th heaven and got over the "I need it" bulls#!t... the occasional smoke which I wanted, was stopping the addiction from dying down. I was feeling like I need little more push. Then incidentally, I came in touch with a book which was all I needed. And now I am FREE…

The book is “Easyway to Stop Smoking” by Allen Carr. This easy way is really easy.. does not require will power, does not try to scare you with cancer pictures, it just picks the myths we have in our mind about a cigarette – and shakes them off one by one with simple logic. If you complete the book, smoking will be the harder thing to do, quitting will be easy.

And as the foundation was made by the rise of silence, as I have written in the above post, I would suggest keep meditating and make the best of this book – unless you have other reason for stopping DM.

All the best…
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  1:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Swan,

i've thought about reading one of those books. but i'm not much of a reader. I have been working with the simple idea of being free to choose when the compulsion takes me. Just thinking twice. i enjoy a fresh cup of coffee and a cigarette. or smoking with friends.

Today ive spent a couple of hours at home and i'm just not smoking, which feels good, i feel that visiting this forum is like a little spiritual practice in itself bringing blessings.

The reason i stopped deep meditation is due to my high bhakti levels which made me sensitive, so i backed right off and i am doing a grounding pranayama and some mindfulness to keep me from going stark raving bonkers.

joe

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  3:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joe,

I was offered a cigarette and hookah few days back.Declined the hookah,accepted the cigarette....laid back and watched its effect on me afterward,the sensation it gave was not pleasant...my feeling it counteracts the effect of spiritual practices.could feel my nerves pulsating...as if poison going through my body.

bless you,hope you loose desire for this habit.

Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  3:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Namath,

i must admit although i'm not out of the detox stage of quitting and in all honesty may only be cutting down, it depends on the karma, I am beginning to feel that all that poisoning myself just isn't necessary any more.

i can feel more mental clarity, my lungs are clearing, i can feel my microcosmic orbit unclogging.

i think coffee and chocolate is enough for now :P

joe
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  04:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you considered the new E-cigs that are on the market? They give you nicotine but not the damaging tars. They may not be quite as satisfying but they do help kill the nicotine craving, are less toxic and I believe make it easier to eventually wean yourself off of them than regular cigarettes
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  1:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor,

i have tried one once but found it a little too easy just to keep puffing away until the whole thing was gone.
I think i need to cut down big time though and would consider going for the stronger inhalators that you can get from UK pharmacies.

joe
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  05:26:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If the book “Easyway to Stop Smoking” has any truth in it, cutting down on cigarettes wont help, but it could seriously hurt if you do not know the mechanics of the addiction. I would read the book first. You can easily find it on the web.
Thank you Swan, hope it will help someone from my family.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  07:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

thanks Namath,

i must admit although i'm not out of the detox stage of quitting and in all honesty may only be cutting down, it depends on the karma, I am beginning to feel that all that poisoning myself just isn't necessary any more.

i can feel more mental clarity, my lungs are clearing, i can feel my microcosmic orbit unclogging.

i think coffee and chocolate is enough for now :P

joe

Hi Joe,

chocolate is always good...

To be honest as well I'm sceptic about labelling things as harmful n non harmful.even vaccine is made from the virus disease itself.

My experience with cig is not good n i know my body doesn't like it.on the other hand,i had a neighbour who was over 110 years n the cig was always in her mouth.she was healthy.

But when u feel u really want to quit n u r determined,i would recommend cold turkey...it works everytime with everything in life :)

all the best.

Salam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000