New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  7:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

Thank you Karl for having the proper perspective
Actually the bike is in the process of being resurrected. I have bought a new windscreen, front wheel and fork tubes and a very generous new friend from Canada is sending me a replacement fairing for a ridiculously low price. I pulled the damaged hard bags off and replaced them with an old leather bag set and the rest of the bike looks intact so... hoping that by tues or wed to at least road test her. Got to get back on the horse as they say

Phew, I feel better now . I Know its not the place, but what do you ride ?
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  3:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have an old Harley. A 1985 FXRT. It is a very special bike, not an ordinary Harley but said by some to be the best bike that Harley ever made. I spent the past 2 years restoring it with full fairing and bags. With any luck it should be on the road within a week.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  06:19:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

I have an old Harley. A 1985 FXRT. It is a very special bike, not an ordinary Harley but said by some to be the best bike that Harley ever made. I spent the past 2 years restoring it with full fairing and bags. With any luck it should be on the road within a week.

Cool. I rode a Harley fat boy along the coast the Big Sur from SanFrancisco a few years back. Great experience, but colder than I imagined. My wife looked like she had spent a week in the arctic.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2013 :  03:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, the fog can chill your bones. Thats why the fairing is so important.
so now 3 weeks later I have to say that the elation has passed and while serious injury was averted I still feel a lingering tension in my core nerves. It seems to b going away little by little and AYP practice is definitely helping smooth things out. One phenomena worth mentioning is that automatic yoga has increased. In my practice I always do 5 minutes of savasana ( corpse posture) after sitting practice and tend to often have some automatic movements of my head, kind of rocking up and down as energy is released ( my interpretation). Since the accident this movement and shaking has spread to my whole body. It starts in my head, moves to my arms and eventually includes legs and pelvis and spine. I can stop it at any time conciously or by simply getting up and externalizing awareness but it is very interesting to let it happen and run its course. Feels very releasing. Otherwise the past few weeks have been kind of a bit more difficult than usual after the joy of survival pretty much wore off and the mundane activities of life took over with added issues of motorcycle repair ( I seem to have become a bit obsessed with restoring the bike completely)but overall am getting my stride back. I do want to thank everyone for their kind words and especially Yogani for his words of validation and encouragement. AYP really has been such a healing thread throughout my life for the past ten years as a deepening of the previous yoga, filling in those missing pieces in the way that yoga is taught in the west.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000