Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Seeing the past in meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RedHawk

South Africa
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  02:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started with meditation about three weeks ago. Recently I started seeing scenes some of which I do not recognise and with this I find it easy to go back to the mantra. But there are scenes from my early childhood that I become caught up with and it is sometime before I realise to go back to the mantra. Just this morning I clearly 'saw' the house in which I was born and grew up that 59 years ago. Will this pass with time?

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  06:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RedHawk

These things will pass with time to make way for inner silence and bliss. It's weird the way things like that are remembered that you wouldn't have remembered otherwise. You can still have times where you will have scenes from the past or somethings that just doesn't make any sense. Other times you won't have any scenes appearing.

For AYP we just gently go back to the mantra once we notice we are off it. Whether you want to analyse what you have seen is up to you - just make sure you do it when you aren't meditating!

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

RedHawk

South Africa
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  2:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Woosa
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  7:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is interesting how so many of us have the same experiences. Old memories, scenes and faces that may be familiar but many times not.

quote:
Hi RedHawk

These things will pass with time to make way for inner silence and bliss. It's weird the way things like that are remembered that you wouldn't have remembered otherwise. You can still have times where you will have scenes from the past or somethings that just doesn't make any sense. Other times you won't have any scenes appearing.

For AYP we just gently go back to the mantra once we notice we are off it. Whether you want to analyse what you have seen is up to you - just make sure you do it when you aren't meditating!

All the best.

And how great this place is to always have such help along the way!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  8:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RedHawk,
At times things come back to show us something. Something that may have caused a block that we have to let go. There really is nothing to do other than acknowledge it and like you did go back to the mantra. Once you get good with samyama... you can let this go in stillness with an intention to see what it is you need to see through this memory. It is a good thing... means you are getting in touch with your stillness where you can see your blocks and let them go.
Like Jonesboy said, many of us experience this.
Good things are happening.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000