Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Over-Sensitivity and Mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arman

Australia
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  11:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, at this stage I am currently quite over-sensitive. Perhaps it is a result taking on too much too early during my initial months of AYP.

At the moment my DM lasts between 5 to 10 minutes. I have become quite sensitive to the mantra. I have to be quite careful with stepping forward as even 1-2 minutes past the very subtle inner discomfort that can arise may be the difference between a good and a bad day. Initially I felt I couldn't wait to 'pass' my sensitivity but I've come to realize it's a blessing as progress is still wonderful even with a short investment of time.

I have experimented with adding 1-3 cycles (one cycle being the in and out breath) of SB before my DM and its worked quite well.

My question is this: If I am experiencing symptoms of over-purification (generally for me they last 1-3 days) and I am so sensitive to the mantra, I was wondering if, during times where I am experiencing negative symptoms, if it would perhaps be more 'energetically grounding' to temporarily remove the mantra from my meditation altogether. I could experiment and find out first hand but I would like some opinions. My intuition tells me that the regular 5-10 minutes of DM is a good idea but sometimes it feels like it may be too much on top of the symptoms of unease and that I may be stirring the pot a little too much.

Thank you for your time :)
Arman

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  12:01:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a good idea, in his lessons Yogani preconises that one might use breath-focused meditation when overloading or if over-sensitive.
> See lesson 367

So you can remove mantra for sometimes but you're still able to pursue meditation at a slower and more comfortable pace.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  12:01:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Take a look at this super-duper lesson:
Lesson 367 – Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators
http://www.aypsite.org/367.html

Instead of using the mantra, you could use the breath as the object of meditation. That is one of the options.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000