Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Yoga, Bramacharya and Relationships
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  9:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Here is my latest blog post. I have drawn heavily on AYP resources and appreciate everyone's input from the various conversations we have had in the past about bramacharya.

http://blog.lothlorienyoga.com/2013...onships.aspx

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  11:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff, Radharani. You cover lots of ground in that post, and your story is a helpful demonstration of the brahmacharya principles.

Your success is inspiring to me--being currently single and wanting to find such divine communion with a partner..."All in good time"...as they say...
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  01:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Great stuff, Radharani. You cover lots of ground in that post, and your story is a helpful demonstration of the brahmacharya principles.

Your success is inspiring to me--being currently single and wanting to find such divine communion with a partner..."All in good time"...as they say...

Dear Bodhi, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

You shouldn't have too much difficulty finding a partner, given the scarcity of male yogis, and you seem really sweet. I would imagine you could just go to a yoga class and have women literally all over you. And yes, if it happened for me it can certainly happen for you! All the best.
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  09:58:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is really informative, and as a rookie on the subject I found it highly interesting to read. One of the main differences I am seeing between the AYP approach and other ones is that following of Yamas and niyamas arise naturally through cultivation rather than being forced upon you. Anyway, thanks for the great read.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  3:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
awesome awesome article ...thx for sharing
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2013 :  7:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ak33

This is really informative, and as a rookie on the subject I found it highly interesting to read. One of the main differences I am seeing between the AYP approach and other ones is that following of Yamas and niyamas arise naturally through cultivation rather than being forced upon you. Anyway, thanks for the great read.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I'm glad it was informative.

Once again I have to say, AYP has one of the most balanced approaches to this subject (bramacharya, and yamas/niyamas overall). In fact, at this time I would say AYP is the MOST balanced with regard to sexuality/celibacy! My own teacher has stated (as mentioned in the blog) that voluntary celibacy is "dysfunctional."

AYP, by contrast, acknowledges that people have different paths and what works for one person may not be appropriate for another. Like HOY, AYP understands that sexual energy IS spiritual energy - but what you choose to do with it, and how, is up to you, whether that means being "celibate," or sharing it with a tantric partner. I don't know of any other yogic school that has such a clear understanding of this concept.

Thanks again for your kind words!

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2013 :  7:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Thanks, that means a lot because I know that you totally GET IT! I'm sure some day you will find a partner who does, too. xoxo
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  07:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Indeed! Thx, Radharani!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  7:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HathaTeacher

quote:

Indeed! Thx, Radharani!

I am honored that you enjoyed it.
Go to Top of Page

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  12:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like Bhodi Tree, I too found your article inspiring.. thank you for sharing :)

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2013 :  9:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by _shakti_

Like Bhodi Tree, I too found your article inspiring.. thank you for sharing :)

you are very welcome! thanks for your kind words.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000