Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 The state of being and the mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

niroberg

China
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  9:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
As my first few weeks with DM goes, I started to pick up senses once in a while I believe feel like an 'observer', sometimes even during the day in a work meeting. What people are talking and what happens in the meeting room subsides as background noise as I still paying attention to what happens, meanwhile I feel a sense of being just watching all these with inner silence and stillness, and an indescribable vague sense of energy is felt in my body. I might describe the feeling as 'just being there', as I don't think or feel anything concrete, just sitting there watching with silence inside.
The feeling comes up once in a while and more frequently lately.
My question, is this feeling something close to what is often described as the state of being (or being an observer) in many spiritual teachings?
And more importantly, out of curiosity, with DM, are we practicing the state of being via the mantra? I am thinking that coming back to mantra over and over again is a useful tool to help formulate the state of being a still observer and being in the NOW.

Is my understanding right? Would need your kind help guys :)

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  9:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey niroberg, I am also a new practitioner of DM (about a month in) and can relate with the experiences you are having. I know exactly what you're talking about when you're in a very noisy place and suddenly there's just silence. I believe that what you're experience IS the state of being (the witness). Anyway, let us know how your progress is going.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000