Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 The "I am" mantra Vs....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WBG

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  10:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit WBG's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It is very exciting and heart warming to be here on this forum.

I am a beginner in AYP and yoga in general however I did a 1 month intensive yoga retreat last year that included what they called Laya Yoga for our meditation practise.

We were given a "secret" mantra along with an initiation (touched on the forehead by the teacher if I remember right) and told to repeat the mantra internally in much the same way that Yogani instructs with I am. We were told it was important not to share the mantra with anyone else or it would lose its effectiveness.

I was using it daily until I came across AYP but now I dont know whether to use the mantra I was given (two sanskrit words) or I AM. They are so similar sounding although not identical. There is a clear, albeit subtle, vibratory difference.

My judgemental mind would have me believe that the Sanskrit mantra would have more power than the mantra made up of 2 English words. I have however read the forums here and can see clearly the I AM meditation works well :)

If i want to follow the full AYP would it be better to use I AM or stick with the other one?

Namaste
WBG

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  4:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi WBG,
Welcome to the forums.

Actually, the "I AM" is not simply two English words, although it sure seems like it.

The Sanskrit "OM" is a shortening of "A-U-M". There is a subtle linear quality to AUM compared to OM, which feels more "circular". The "I AM" also has a "linear" quality to it - it works on purification of the neurobiology in a similar way as AUM, at vibratory levels that become increasingly subtler/finer over time. This is probably why it works so well.

If you are inwardly drawn to the mantra given to you, stay with it. If you are being drawn to I AM instead, give it a shot and see how it feels. There are mantra enhancements that can be added at a later stage and these are far more complex. So don't worry about it being too simple.

Go to Top of Page

WBG

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  5:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit WBG's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your warm welcome. Your response really works for me and I totally get you.. I AM it is then... I am so excited to step into this work and be part of this community..

Namaste (always felt a bit pretentious saying that but Im connecting with the meaning when I say it and its becoming more real)
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2013 :  6:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

The Sanskrit "OM" is a shortening of "A-U-M". There is a subtle linear quality to AUM compared to OM, which feels more "circular". The "I AM" also has a "linear" quality to it - it works on purification of the neurobiology in a similar way as AUM, at vibratory levels that become increasingly subtler/finer over time. This is probably why it works so well.

Wow, I feel an immediate resonance with that sound quality.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000