Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Khechari baby steps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  07:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Long time since i last wrote asking help with Kechari.
After something like a year of doing Talabya Kriya i took courage and started trying the Kechari Mudra.

I think i got past the Uvula and upwards because i touched "something" new (i don't now what it is). In that moment i couldn't breathe through my nose because it was physically blocked (not with congestion)

So i'm trapped here because i can't breathe through my nose or mouth.

How should i advance now?

Of course any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  11:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru

While you are holding your tongue up you push it forward. It might slip forward into the nasal cavity and push your palate down (and you'll know when that happens!). If it doesn't then you just need to keep snipping regularly and trying because your frenum just needs to be snipped a bit more. One day it'll pop into place.

Happy snipping!

Edited by - woosa on Mar 04 2013 11:46:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  12:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa

Hi Anibaru

While you are holding your tongue up you push it forward. It might slip forward into the nasal cavity and push your palate down (and you'll know when that happens!).

That's right. And when the tongue goes forward into the nasal cavity, the airway behind the tongue will open up and you will be able to breathe with no problem. That is kechari stage 2.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  12:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

the airway behind the tongue will open up and you will be able to breathe with no problem.

Forgot to mention that bit Yogani. Breathing is important!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  1:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

the airway behind the tongue will open up and you will be able to breathe with no problem.

Forgot to mention that bit Yogani. Breathing is important!

Go to Top of Page

healthprofession

India
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  05:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit healthprofession's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I never thought and listen about this pranayama. Its a great idea thanks for sharing .
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  09:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the answers!

Funny thing is that some people think that snipping the frenum is "no wimp" process
but the real "bravery" thing is to try to reach Kechari stage 2

I'm trying everyday at least once to do Kechari, and i'm still fighting with the gag reflex.

I have thick tongue so the advice given by yogani (to insert the tongue through the side of the uvula) doesn't seem to work for
me, so i took the long and harder route that is to pass the tongue below the uvula.

On the other hand i have a question. The talabya kriya seems to be more gentle than snipping, besides it can be practiced anywhere (you know, when in the shower, while taking a walk, while in an elevator ... etc). Why is not recommended as an alternative to lengthen the frenum?
Maybe because it "touches" the crown and ajna chakras?

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  2:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anibaru, I wouldn't worry too much about touching the chakras at this point. There are basically two processes here, a mechanical one and an energetic one. While you are still wrestling with the mechanical process of getting the tongue in the desired place it is way too early to worry about the energetic. Once kechari is stabilized and you use it in actual daily practices then you can start focusing more on the energetic areas. Everybody's anatomy is different. If you struggle too much it will hurt your inner silence. I would encourage you to play with stretching your tongue to your hearts content ( as long as it doesn't attract too much attention). I used to do that in the car while driving. When doing actual practice though, I would find the place where the tongue is comfortable and not fuss with it too much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000