Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 spinal breathing observations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

olbuds

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  3:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I started my spinal breathing practice about three days ago. The past nights my dreams have been so lucid , like I'm really there(maybe I am!).I also noticed that my internal clock is coming up short on my post meditations. I've rarely fall short of at least 20 minutes or more, however I've been doing 15 minutes. I had one of my best days at work in a long time, great energy, good attitude, smooth flowing work effort. Looking forward to continuing to supplement my year long meditations with this new found practice.

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 15 2013 3:36:55 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  3:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

ettskede_

15 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  12:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think that the dreams have nothing to do with breathing. That is the whole point meditating cleaning your innerness. No mantra more headache. Breathe after meditation? Meditation after sleep changing habits? Just meditate.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  2:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just use a timer so that I know that I have done 20 minutes. Inner clock is fine if you can rely on it, but for learning I feel that it s good to time the practice. That said, if 15 mins feels right and the rest of your day is good then that is proper self pacing. The key is consistency. As far as dreams or other phenomena, they come and go, probably best not to dwell on it too much as being a result of meditation because that will change in its own way over time.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  3:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

ettskede_

15 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  04:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My friends talk about meditation but they do not want me to meditate with breathing first. It is my breath and my moment and maybe you have people wanting you to do this do that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000