Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  7:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys,

As I am new on this forum, I want to thank everyone for this wonderful resource, which has so many helpful comments on many questions that spiritual seekers have. I have been doing AYP Deep Meditation for about one month, and I am fairly stable in the practice. I think it is time to introduce 5 mins of SBP prior to my 20 min DM. Firstly, does SBP help awaken kundalini. I am not asking because that is my goal, but because I have read some horrific kundalini stories here and there. So what are the risks I should be aware of when taking on this practice?

Edited by - ak33 on Mar 03 2013 7:25:31 PM

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2013 :  12:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ak33

It sounds like you are doing really well. And taking it easy - not adding loads of practises at once (like I did ).

SBP will help awaken your kundalini and it will probably be a gradual and safe process.

It would be best to read the lesson on Self-Pacing as you will know when cut down your practice if it becomes uncomfortable. http://www.aypsite.org/38.html

I wouldn't worry about some of the horror stories on the internet. With AYP it is a very stable and easy process of awakening kundalini. Those guys probably didn't know much about Self-Pacing.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  1:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks woosa, I will add SBP soon. Do I have to be sitting cross-legged or is on a chair fine (as long as my back is erect)?
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  3:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Siddhasana is ideal, cross legged on a cushion is very good and sitting on a chair is fine to begin.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  4:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ak33

For sitting see this lesson:

http://www.aypsite.org/33.html

Siddhasana is an advanced practice so it could be best to leave that until you get to it in the lessons.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  09:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi
For my morning session, I usually do DM on the bus. Is it safe to do SBP on a kinda shaky bus?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  1:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ak33,

Yes, you can do your practices on a bus, no problem. You may not be able to go as deep because of the movement and vibration, but otherwise it is absolutely fine. In fact, at a certain stage during kundalini awakening, the vibrations that moving vehicles produce actually stimulates prana in the body, so SBP is taken to a higher level.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000