Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 white shadow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  11:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
There are times when I meditate and as I concentrate I begin to see a while glow surrounding objects in the room. For years I chalked it up to optical illusion but now I'm not so sure? Maybe it is some kind of 'aura of the inanimate', maybe not? Anyone else ever see it?
Peace all,
L

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  07:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Imher22,

I see it too. You can see the same sort of thing in human beings as well where it is called the Etheric body. Go look up on the Internet.

Bliss

Rod
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  4:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you meditate with eyes open? If I use a fixed stare at anything, in the right conditions, a while outline also appears around objects, though I wouldn't describe it as glowing.

Perception is a demanding task with many processes involved, covering a range of functions between top-down and bottom-up signal processing, just to translate basic sensory input. Things like retinal fatigue, edge enhancement, color inversion, and afterimages can contribute to this effect.

If it does give way to clairvoyance, pratyahara, I would imagine it would be fairly self-evident, because more information would come through than could be accounted for by ordinary perception.

Hopefully such effect, if they do give way to something more (as a result of yoga practice), they could be charted into something like in eye-floaters website, found in the ayp-related websites page.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  7:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Larry

I sometimes see a whitish outline of things in the room with my eyes closed/ meditating too.

I've thought it as an optical illusion, like my brain has become bored and has started playing games. But still I'm not too sure either.

On the ever reliable source that is wikipedia there is a thing called 'Prisoner's Cinema' which sounds similar.

Other than that it's a mystery, but when it happens I can pretend I'm Neo from the Matrix 3.
Go to Top of Page

NJL

31 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  10:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see it here too.

Never thought it was due to pranic activity. To be honest, I still don't ;) I think it's just a trick of the eye.

Open eye meditation is crazy for me sometimes. Anyone ever have eyes open in meditation and everything goes entirely black or entirely glowing white?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000