Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Anger and Sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solas

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  02:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello again,

It must be sign of my analytical mind, three questions so far and I've only practicing for a dm for a month or so

I am not a very angry person but have always had bursts of anger, not physical but verbal. This is one of the reasons I took up the practice of meditation. In the past, it has thought me to step back and witness this more.

I've noticed lately that this state is very noticeable. My parents have both been ill and it sometimes gets a hold on me. What I am asking is whether I am expecting too much to see more control over my emotions this early in the practice? Will this become easier with my daily practice?

Secondly, I am sleeping a lot less these days. Is that something people have experienced when beginning deep meditation.

As I have stated before, it's so helpful to have this forum available so many thanks to all involved in it.

David

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  03:23:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear David,

More control over your outbursts will definitely happen; I would say sooner rather than later as you are now already aware of it. A tip: If you cannot yet control the outburst before it happens, but you 'see' it happening, then try releasing it straight after. Meaning do not carry the anger with you - let it go immediately after.

Sleeping a lot less... that can happen if you are meditating just before bed, are you?

Sey
Go to Top of Page

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  05:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate on you relying your bursts on anger. I got lot of anger and irritability those last months, really hard to control and coming with lot of culpability.

I have not gain much control over it, but the rise of the witness state helps me A LOT not to be overloaded with my anger. It comes, is noticed, then released. And it's easier and easier.

So be patient, try not to handle too much, all of this will occur naturally.

Sorry for my poor english, I'm french speaking and it's getting late over here
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  05:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Solas,
If your irritability has increased and the less sleep is causing problems / tiredness then maybe backing off the practices is needed.
Have you started Pranayama?- I know you were asking about adding Pranayama on another post - Have you added any other practices?

I know your question is different - you want to know if the anger will ease. Yes it will ease over time. But just be aware of the effects of any practices that you may have added as well.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  05:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Solas
make sure u are resting 10 minutes after yr practices
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  07:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Control over emotions generally means repression of emotions. Repressions usually need to be reviewed and understood at some point. It is important to understand them in a human light, rather than expecting too much of oneself. The goal which has led me down a very enlightened highway is becoming more human, not less.
Go to Top of Page

solas

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  11:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello

Sorry, was out for a few hours. I love this forum, it's so refreshing to get such amazing answers that help me see the light.

Yes indeed SeySorciere, I woke very early this morning and my second meditation was just before bed last night and has been on a number of occasions. I will watch my timing from here on in. I will also try to let this anger goes as it arises. I just find it difficult sometimes. Goodway, I also understand your views on emotions and it's a very good point. I often expect too much of myself and am too heavy about my reactions afterwards.

No need to apologise apatride, you're english is perfect and patience is something I need to learn. My mind is conditioned for instant gratification and it is not a good idea to bring this to the ayp practice.

I will extend my resting period as I have only been taking five minutes to see what happens Maheswari and thank you.

Finally Mathurs, no, I have not introduced pranayama yet and have decided not to for a while yet. I have some issues to iron out with dm and I think it would not be a good idea at this stage. I am however thinking of starting some asanas. Do you think this is a good idea before pranayama?

Huge thanks to everyone who answere, t makes the journet so much easier

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  9:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solas,

Yes, AYP works and you will start seeing results soon. I have been meditating roughly over six months.
Just today hubby dear said " you are more patient". Little things will slowly stop bothering you. The ability to let go increases. You'll start accepting people just the way they are. This is how it has been for me.

Yogani is the best for coming up with a practice like this. AYP has been god send for me!!!!!...woot woot
Love,
Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

solas

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  03:38:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sunyata,

Good for you! Isn't it great when someone close notices the changes and comments on them. They are the souls that know you best. This is indeed a great practice and resource. I wish you the very best on your journey

Solas
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  9:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Solas. Good Luck to you too!

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000