Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Kavasam /Kavacham
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gemini84

Malaysia
14 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  05:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi ,

Could anyone here guide me on how to recite and do kavasam ? Prefer both Tamil and Sanskrit.
Which is the best one actually ? Aanjaneya, Bhairavar ?
Please enlighten me on this matter, someone , please. Thanks.

Gemini84.

Gemini84

Malaysia
14 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  10:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All , please drop your comments as you read or view, i'll appreciate .
Ready to accept guidance.

Gemini84
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  2:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gemini84,

Swami Sivananda praises the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra (Om Trayambakam) for protection:

"Maha-Mrityunjaya is a life-giving mantra. In these days, when life is very complex, this mantra wards off death and accidents of all kinds. It has a great curative effect on disease and should be repeated before any travel.
It is also a Moksha-Mantra and bestows liberation. Is is a Siva Mantra. The mantra should be repeated 3, 9, 27 or 108 times, especially on your birthday. This will bestow on you health, long life, liberation and prosperity."

A few months ago, I was giving a lift to a friend when it started raining very heavily. We could hardly see the road and my friend was becoming anxious. I had been speaking to her about the mantra the day before. Half jokingly expressing her fear, she exclaimed: "Sing the protection mantra!". As soon as I had sung the mantra, locally the rain stopped and the sun shone upon us. :)

Hanuman Chalisa is wonderful as well..

I could not say which protection mantra is "best", if there is such thing. The one that you love reciting and easily keep your attention on is best. You may try one that resonates with you and see how it goes.

I see that you asked a question about black magic before. A quick search for kavasam on the forum brought me to a related topic:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=4
Look for omarkaya's posts.

Wish you well

Omsat

Edited by - Omsat on Feb 16 2013 2:09:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gemini84

Malaysia
14 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  9:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Omsat. Nice one , will do as said .
Anyone here knows 'udaal kattu' or 'ellai kattu' as well ? That is the only one i am yet to do. Anyone please ?

Gemini84
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000