Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Reliving memories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  6:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there!

Recently I had a very deep experience during DM. I relived a children memory in a dreamlike state, totally and emotionally engaged, astonished by the power and intensity of the emotional charge. It was impossible to withdraw my attention from the scenery, and it ended fading away slowly.

A few days later now, I can't even remember what was the souvenir itself, but I perfectly remember how astonished and moved I was in reliving it.

I'm wondering if it's possible that by reliving a souvenir in DM, the stocked energy is released? As in recapitulation, a technique mentioned by Castaneda.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not over analyzing or taking too much credit for the scenery
(well maybe I am... just a little...)
But I was just asking myself about it, so I thought I could get some insight from more advanced practicioners.

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  9:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've frequently experienced releasing blocked energy and having fragments of memories come up. For a while, I used to try to remember more or figure out the meaning of these memories. But eventually I found that it's best just to let them go. They are probably just "scenery". But yes I do think that when you are releasing blocked energy, part of the process is recognizing that there is a memory associated with it, and allowing yourself to reintegrate or re-incorporate that memory.

I like to think of it as a locked-down memory that is being unlocked and integrated. Some of these are memories that have intense blocked emotions associated with them.

Also I used to go around to old previously familiar places hoping to trigger old memories that I'd forgotten. Then when the memory was triggered by the place I would get to learn from the memory and also reintegrate the released energies/emotions associated with the memory. That was before I found AYP, now I do spinal breathing and deep meditation which together are must more effective than digging up old memories...

That's just my 2 cents. :)
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  11:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's a good sign. Mental clarity, and the ability to sweep through memories with awareness, surely signify some presence of inner silence. For me, re-visiting old memories (both inside and outside of meditation) has brought a wholeness to my being that was absent for a while. Of course, in meditation, there is no deliberate effort to conjure memories, but the past is part of the scenery--all of our karma, relationships, and experience of living.

And I can definitely relate to the feeling and reality of release when those memories are re-visited within the context of loving, inner silence. It's like inner silence is digging into the past to provide the fertilizer to nurture the future's becoming, unfolding, evolving, etc. Past becoming future = the present. And doesn't the Eternal Now encompass all that was, and all that will be?

To me, memories are so useful in understanding my personality and the trajectory of my life. What needs to be released, and what needs to maximized for spiritual progress? These questions I ask during contemplation, not meditation. But Deep Meditation has an automatic way of answering the questions just by the virtue of purification and opening.

So, it's a win-win situation. I meditate for more inner silence, and use that inner silence to contemplate and mine the databank of memory...dreaming forward to what can be accomplished in accordance with divine flow.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2013 :  05:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can answer that a couple of ways.

In timeline therapy I would regress a client back to a memory which was the cause of deep emotions. It forms the building block for whatever comes after, somewhat like building a house of cards the emotions attached to the event are the glue that holds all the cards together. Each event being built from the last one.

During this work we consciously release the negative emotions around that first event. The event is experienced and then the learnings from the event are experienced. By learning from the event it is possible to let go of the store of emotions ( they are an energy). When this happens the pack of cards collapses.

There are two forms of emotional negative energy. One is a motivator such as anger, hate. The other a depressive form such as sadness or guilt.

When anger is released it tends to be accompanied by tiredness. The anger being used as a driver in life. When sadness is released it ends up with feeling more energised.

So, absolutely, as far as it goes, different energy is stored and can be released. DM is similar to Timeline therapy from that perspective. That's no surprise because TLT and DM are just part of the same illusion and all memories are cut from exactly the same cloth.
Go to Top of Page

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2013 :  4:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
karl, the house of cards system you describe reminds me of Jung's theory of complexes, with a main event deeply rooted in one's psyche, and a constellation of similar events and affects which are analogically gathered around the first main event. When the energy locked in the main event is released, the all edifice collapses.

Castaneda's technique of recapitulation stands for the same view, as one relives one's souvenirs in a very accurate dreamlike state, involving all senses to build the souvenir back from one's psyche, then one can take back locked energy with a movement of the head (from left to right if I remember well). One proceeds one's history back to childhood and more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000