Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 meditation and moral
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  06:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello!
I am practising SBP and DM twice per day for about 6 months, and I feel that things are changing in my life between meditations; one of those things is that I feel more preoccupied with truth, righteousness, moral issues...etc I feel that all my behavior is becoming "higher", however there is a field that seems to escape to this movement towards the high...it is the field of my libido and my sexual fantasies that have no moral at all and are still "bad" like before meditating (or even worst!), I would know if someone has the same experience, if this is normal...
Thanks in advance.
Joao.

PS:sorry about the bad English.

Edited by - joao.jlgoncalves on Feb 14 2013 06:32:39 AM

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  07:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joao

I wouldn't worry it's perfectly natural to have sexual feelings. Really that is what 'kundalini' is all about - from what little I have experienced so far.

For now just carry on, it sounds like you are doing really well. I wouldn't try and force restraint on your libido and treat it as something bad, it's human biology. Restraining healthy sexual feelings makes as much sense as saying to hold your breath for a month!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  6:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with woosa-
It is religions that make sex bad, not yoga. And look at what happens when they try to preach permanent restraint! It gets ugly.

It's only bad if it is not between consenting adults, or you are cheating on someone.
Kundalini is the same spiritual energy as sex. It manifests in different ways when it is in different parts of the body, or different chakras.
Just keep meditating and let go of all thoughts of good and bad because that is man's thinking. If you are not hurting anyone, it's OK.
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  4:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Woosa and Etherfish, thank you so much for your precious clarifications.

PS: sorry about the delayed response, I was occupied...

Edited by - joao.jlgoncalves on Feb 15 2013 5:05:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  10:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It isn't such a great achievement to be higher. I find it more of an achievement to be lower. Grasshoppers chirp, lions roar.

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  7:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't worry too much about sexual fantasies. All sorts of thoughts come up in meditation and its best to not favor one thought over another too much, just let them come and go. As long as you don't act on impulses that you feel to be wrong and make a gentle effort not to feed those undesirable fantasies by focusing on them with lots of outside stimulation then I wouldn't worry about it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000