Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra refinement, again!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  5:33:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
can someone give me an insight about how to make/to let the mantra refine? everybody says that is a crucial point in deep meditation (so in all AYP,remember:DM is the core practice) and I want to believe that, but with me (unfortunately) the mantra seems to stay basically the same during the 20 min session and it simply doesn´t refine!
At the beginning, I was thinking that over time, this issue would be resolved, but after at least 6 months of regular DM, nothing!

Thanks in advance

PS:sorry if this question has already been asked, but I have not yet really found the response (both in Yogani books and in forums).

Edited by - joao.jlgoncalves on Feb 18 2013 5:41:38 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  5:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Read this in full:
Suggestions for Under-Sensitive Meditators -
http://www.aypsite.org/366.html

It is a supremely awesome lesson that I'm sure will address your concerns.
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  10:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Bodhi Tree, however I´m not sure to be an under-sensitive case, indeed even with no refinement of the mantra, i have quite good results in daily life due to regular meditation...How to explain this: no refinement of the mantra and still good results outside meditation; must I definitively forget the refinement issue and simply carry on with my practice?

Edited by - joao.jlgoncalves on Feb 18 2013 11:22:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  11:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joao.jlgoncalves

indeed even with no refinement of the mantra, i have quite good results in daily life due to regular meditation...

LOL. Then there is no problem. Indeed, the barometer, gauge, and indication of Deep Meditation's effectiveness is determined by an improvement in the quality of daily life--not by the scenery or mental analysis experienced during meditation. So...it sounds like you're golden. Easily favor the mantra and continue to surrender to the grace and finesse of the technique--and to the flow of stillness in your life. If you're feeling that stable and smooth, perhaps consider adding spinal breathing and/or samyama to your routine?
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  10:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice,Bodhi Tree.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000