Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Burning sensation in tommy when start meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  1:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Previously I used to feel ecstasy around my body when I meditate. A few weeks ago I started to feel a burning sensation in the base of the spine. Just now as soon as I started meditating this burning sensation that was in the back expanded to my whole tommy (in the front) up to the heart chakra and I got scared.

I'm doing 4 minutes of meditation twice a day only. Should I reduce it further or stop it? Is it going to burn my whole body if I keep meditating?

Thank you.

Edited by - digofarias on Feb 09 2013 1:25:30 PM

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  10:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Digofaias,
Is the burning sensation uncomfortable? Is it causing you pain? If so then reduce meditation times further. If it isnt uncomfortable there is not need to be fearful. Just carry on as normal.
Just out of interest do you practice Spinal breathing?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  11:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi digofarias:

It is not easy to follow what you are doing, or assist, because you have started not less than 6 topics on your practices and experiences since January 21, with each not linking to any of the previous ones, so the information is very fragmented. Here is a list from your profile of topics you have posted in:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/search...BER_ID=13285

As mentioned in my post here, it is suggested that you post further information on your situation in only one topic, so those who wish to help can find your previously reported history easily. Otherwise it will be a lot of bits and pieces, without much clarity on what is going on, or how you got there.

As mentioned in my post linked above, it is possible that you are sensitive to meditation. Hard to tell because you started out with so much overdoing, and you may still be stabilizing that. Regardless of the cause, it is suggested to self-pace as needed, and check the additional resources for sensitive meditators and kundalini symptoms linked to in my previous post.

Having some energy symptoms is not the end of the world, and you don't have to worry if you are self-pacing when things become uncomfortable, and doing plenty of grounding by keeping active in your daily life, not focusing too intensively on spiritual matters (which is self-pacing your bhakti - spiritual desire).

So just take it easy and go about the business of your life, engaging in practices well within your limits, whatever they may be (you will know better than anyone), for good progress with comfort and safety. It will all work out.

Thanks in advance for keeping your history and ongoing developments more together here, and wishing you all the best as you continue on your path!

The guru is in you.

PS: It is fine to create or post in other topics that are not a continuation of the ongoing discussion on your practices and experiences. We are just trying to make it easier for helpers to follow the causes and effects in your practice.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000