Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 How to attract/manifest anything you want!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  02:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
There is a simple technique to master the power of your thoughts. This technique is immune to being blocked by negative spirits and so on.

All you have to to is bring the feeling of what you want into the NOW. Your existence. Timelessness. The Now. Don't force it, just feel it in there as if it is already accepted.

I actually discovered this threw samyama. I did a sutra for months. A question sutra about what is the most powerful way of making your thoughts manifest.

I think samyama is still quicker for longterm work though.

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 05 2013 02:56:03 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  02:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  03:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for sharing this.It's very interesting.

Once thing I've experienced while close to Ramana Shrine and Arunachala that thoughts manifest quickly....there's not much gap between a thought and it's manifestation...So out of fun,Me and my friend started playing what we called "Law of Manifestation" to see whose thought is quicker to manifest...It was mine

I started to understand why Ramanaya called Arunachala "The Self"...there's no gap, It's almost negligible.

Samyama "AYP" is very powerful as well & it's my favorite practice .Never failed over here.

After I've been through an experience where I is the light and Love...but there were no one to love ,I understood why I'm here as the ego.It's to love.& Samyama is a tool to express this Love.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  07:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes; that works. Basically that is what is said in "The secret"' the law of attraction. That your thoughts create your reality, and your feelings are even stronger. Your reality is created by the cumulative thoughts and feelings you have.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  12:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you heard of Aladdin and the Genie ?

You can never master your thoughts, for your thoughts are you and you are your thoughts. You cannot capture your own toe or overcome your leg

Try to work on internal manifestation and ignore the external. This is the reason for the nine Sutras in AYP. That the external exhibits change is only the internal made external, but they are unimportant.

Put the drill to work internally and ignore the signs that show the depth of the drilling, they are false signs of progress, just scenery, throw them away like the spoils from drilling and put all your energy into the drill bit.

Edited by - karl on Feb 05 2013 12:36:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  4:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff, Karl.

Edited by - lmaher22 on Feb 05 2013 4:41:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  8:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

You can never master your thoughts, for your thoughts are you and you are your thoughts. You cannot capture your own toe or overcome your leg

I see what you are saying, but I had a problem of most of my thoughts being a repeating pattern of a debilitating nature, and so most of my life followed that pattern, even though my efforts were positive, and that pattern was my whole life, now at 63 years old.
Once I recognized the pattern, and how pervasive it was, I changed most of my thoughts, by letting go and thinking of faith in God every time I discovered a negative thought.

My whole life changed for the better in major ways within two weeks, and has stayed in that direction for months now.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  10:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:
Originally posted by karl

I see what you are saying, but I had a problem of most of my thoughts being a repeating pattern of a debilitating nature, and so most of my life followed that pattern, even though my efforts were positive, and that pattern was my whole life, now at 63 years old.
Once I recognized the pattern, and how pervasive it was, I changed most of my thoughts, by letting go and thinking of faith in God every time I discovered a negative thought.

My whole life changed for the better in major ways within two weeks, and has stayed in that direction for months now.

Whatever works I describe that path in my book, although I wouldn't say it was mastery, more like surrender and its effective. It should be, the Bible has been preaching it for long enough
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  10:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think we can set out to master the art of surrender--refining our craft with the tools of time and space, and being fueled by the essences of samyama sutras.

P.S. Karl's book is quite delectable. I have the privilege of editing it...almost finished.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  01:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
P.S. Karl's book is quite delectable. I have the privilege of editing it...almost finished.

sweet ...BT in USA is editing Karl's book (UK)
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  04:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I think we can set out to master the art of surrender--refining our craft with the tools of time and space, and being fueled by the essences of samyama sutras.

Yes, Master the art of surrender. Very nice indeed.

Delectable is a good word
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  6:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, surrender is not as easy as it sounds, and you can fool yourself with habitual thought patterns.
Since I grew up in a very poor family, the thoughts that make people poor were built into my world view;
life is hard, money is always short, you might not make it no matter how hard you try, things that can go wrong will; it's a constant struggle.

So at first I was surrendered, believing all of the above were still true, but God always helps you pull through somehow, so you don't have to worry. I thought all the above were from bad karma I had to work out, so it was nice to have god on my side to make it easier.
Then I found those habitual thought patterns.
Almost everything I did was somehow colored by that world view. Try not to use too much of anything; don't throw things out if there is any use left; money will always come at the last minute and be barely enough, or short, etc. This is how poor people shape their world. Every item they hoard has a thought attached to it; I might need this someday.
So it was nice to have God help me through a world that was so difficult.
You can think you are surrendered, but be creating a false world still.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  04:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes, surrender is not as easy as it sounds, and you can fool yourself with habitual thought patterns.
Since I grew up in a very poor family, the thoughts that make people poor were built into my world view;
life is hard, money is always short, you might not make it no matter how hard you try, things that can go wrong will; it's a constant struggle.

So at first I was surrendered, believing all of the above were still true, but God always helps you pull through somehow, so you don't have to worry. I thought all the above were from bad karma I had to work out, so it was nice to have god on my side to make it easier.
Then I found those habitual thought patterns.
Almost everything I did was somehow colored by that world view. Try not to use too much of anything; don't throw things out if there is any use left; money will always come at the last minute and be barely enough, or short, etc. This is how poor people shape their world. Every item they hoard has a thought attached to it; I might need this someday.
So it was nice to have God help me through a world that was so difficult.
You can think you are surrendered, but be creating a false world still.

That's a very good description of the difficulty in knowing when you really have surrendered. Even a reliance on God is not total surrender, although its a move towards surrender. It has to be unconditional surrender, total acceptance that you are helpless while continuing to help yourself, an acceptance of all that you are, whatever may come, without ever judging those things.

It is a hard way, maybe not a western way. DM is slower, more sure, but it has to be practised without expectation. The parallels can be seen with surrendering directly. None judgement, acceptance, none reliance, practical action.

Surrendering to God, or any other thing can be chaotic. It is full of mind, God needs to be visualised in some way, internally manifested and for many, externally symbolised. Its a great pressure. DM avoids the confusion by substituting stillness beginning as the witness in everyday life instead of symbology and scheduled worship. Although there is every reason that both can be combined. Whatever works

The way to know that surrender is real, or that stillness is really present is the sort of feeling that a great weight has been lifted, like telling the truth or getting something off your chest that you have stashed away for years. It is the feeling of being an innocent child. Washed clean. Lighter than air.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  07:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Born again? see the problem with words; people package meanings and attach them to certain words so they don't have to be mindful when they listen.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  4:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Born again? see the problem with words; people package meanings and attach them to certain words so they don't have to be mindful when they listen.

Not sure I'm understanding.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  6:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Karl, I knew i should have deleted that, but went to work instead. It had nothing to do with your post.
When you said "It is the feeling of being an innocent child. Washed clean. Lighter than air.",
I speculated that the expression "born again" came from that feeling, but then attracted lots of mud along the way, and has lost its meaning.
--
But yes, good post. But i have had those feelings of great weights removed, washed clean, innocent child several times. Each time feels like the end, but it isn't at all.

And I think total surrender would have to include letting go of your entire concept of what the world is, so you are not carrying assumptions like my poor person world view. But can that be done and still be in the world interacting with other people? I mean interaction requires assumptions. If there is no common ground you can't communicate. So I suspect you would have to maybe use empathy to communicate with a world view that you don't buy into?

OK, I answered my own question; You don't have to believe something to understand it.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 07 2013 6:37:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  7:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sorry Karl, I knew i should have deleted that, but went to work instead. It had nothing to do with your post.
When you said "It is the feeling of being an innocent child. Washed clean. Lighter than air.",
I speculated that the expression "born again" came from that feeling, but then attracted lots of mud along the way, and has lost its meaning.
--
But yes, good post. But i have had those feelings of great weights removed, washed clean, innocent child several times. Each time feels like the end, but it isn't at all.

And I think total surrender would have to include letting go of your entire concept of what the world is, so you are not carrying assumptions like my poor person world view. But can that be done and still be in the world interacting with other people? I mean interaction requires assumptions. If there is no common ground you can't communicate. So I suspect you would have to maybe use empathy to communicate with a world view that you don't buy into?

OK, I answered my own question; You don't have to believe something to understand it.

right. I regard it as a guide, for a moment the drill spins freely. Its at that point it gets labeled born again, free, child like, bliss etc, but this is the perception. So, it absolutely isn't the end, its just the interpretation of that glimpse of stillness. The next step is to realise it isn't going to end and let that be the basis for a deeper surrender.

Your last line is perceptive. To believe in something we create a story, understanding is the the understanding of the story but that isn't knowledge and knowledge cannot be believed or understood. No story can be made about knowledge and no understanding can happen.

This is what I meant by the witness and the witness merging, the bliss feeling is what we think we felt at that point because how do you describe the indescribable, a point where everything was in unity can no longer be witnessed, understood or believed.

Its at that point we can safely carry on drilling for a brief moment we had an impression, we saw light, but the source cannot be found because how can the source ever perceive the source. unity has no other.

Even that is only a nice story, so I know it won't ever be, do the practises, surrender and get on with life and then things have an elegant simplicity, the imperfect is perfect just as it is and if it isn't, then I need to get busy bending myself until it does its divine work.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000