Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Morning meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  11:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I used to meditate at evening, but when I try to meditate at morning it just doesn't works. I go to sleep before night at 9:00 and wake up b/w 3-5. When I start meditating at first there is so much lethargy, when I walk etc, it goes away.
On retrying within a minute something happens to my breath, it looks as if it gets stuck, then it gets very tough to meditate.

At times these conditions (lethargy + breath) persist till 10-11. Even if it's gone when I sit, after some time it returns back.

This was the main reason I didn't used to meditate in morning.

Any suggestions ?

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  12:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Viv

You could try cold water on your face first thing in the morning, sometimes even a shower can refresh , rather than tire one.

Are you giving yourself enough time AFTER meditation, to relax before going about your normal duties?
Are you sitting, relaxing, for ten minutes AFTER finishing your meditation? This is very important?

Even AFTER the morning meditation, you could try the cold water to help refresh and energize you.

Blessings,

Maria
Go to Top of Page

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  12:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond,

Yes I use cold water in morning.
As far as rest after morning meditation is concerned, I am not able to meditate only so no question of rest here, but yes after that I take a nap, thinking that after it all will be well, but no improvement.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  12:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi viv

if your breath is getting stuck, do you suffer with anxiety?

What kind of meditation do you practise?
Go to Top of Page

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  12:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond,

No no i don't suffer from anxiety.
I just sit and concentrate on spine, top to bottom vice-versa etc.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  01:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Viv,

When you say your breath gets stuck - do you mean it feels like it has stopped? Because breath stopping means good things are happening, nothing to worry about at all. It is supposed to stop - naturally, not by forcing it. Go with it. All is good. However, there is nothing wrong with taking a deep breath either (if you are feeling anxious) and relaxing further into your pose and mantra.

Enjoy your practices. There is no such thing as a bad meditation sitting. It is what it is. Have no expectation.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  02:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know SeySorciere,

But it gets slower slower slower, then it feels like as if a stone is stuck at my heart and I have to pull the breath forcefully.
But why this doesn't happens at evening, I meditate in the same way..... :)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  02:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
just sit and concentrate on spine, top to bottom vice-versa etc.

so u dont practice DM?
how long is yr sitting?
Go to Top of Page

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  03:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well not exactly, actually my concentration easily moves to third eye, so I try to keep it fixed there. Then in between when I get tired I visualize something flowing at my spine.

Sitting time is not much generally : 10-20 min at evening.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  03:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
do u repeat AYAM mantra?
in DM we dont fix the attention anywhere specifically...we just repeat the mantra
even in spinal breathing (r u doing it?) we dont focus the attention anywhere specifically
please re read leeson 13 and lesson 41
Go to Top of Page

viv

India
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  04:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI maheswari,

So if I do not fix attention and do as per directed, then will my prob be fixed ??
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  04:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes try that than report back how u feel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000