Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 More Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  1:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends,

Hope all are doing well. I have been sick over two weeks and still recovering. I have few more questions :)

1) During DM I usually see a small light through what looks like tree branches. Sometimes I feel like I'm going down a hole. Nothing spectacular. One morning in sleep (I was not meditating),the small light turned into this bright light. It felt like someone flashed a torch light on my face. What was that?

2)When I'm not mediating and just close my eyes without any thoughts, the small light looks like a moon. The images are clearer during these period than in meditation. Why is that?

3)I sometimes get headaches even with 20 minutes meditation. How are the monks able to meditate for years in the cave? I feel like my bhakti is so strong but then these headches and fears keep me behind.

Thank you so much for your time.

Sunyata[:)

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  2:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata,

1) "usually see" will change. All kind of things will get visible and disappear again. Witnessing auotmatically happens, more is not needed =P

2) Why not? :) What you see has not much to do with meditation itself, which is the door to that bliss presence that is always. So keep up the practice and more and more good will pour into your life.

3) Those monks practice different kind of techniques than DM. DM is not designed to be practiced for hours, at least not in the primary years(decades) of practice. The secrets of Wilder give a hint that hours of DM is possible in very advanced stages. There are milder techniques which the body-mind can digest more easily and that can be practiced the whole day, but only very few have such a karma making this possible. So go with what works fine with your body-mind and keep it up :)

Happy practicing :)
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  8:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You, Holy!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000